PDA

View Full Version : need helping taking off the siftboot

siver-SI
12-27-2003, 11:14 AM
Well I went to install my new shift boot but I have a problem I can not get the dash off for the life of me. I take sift knob off and get the boot down and pull I can get the bottom of the silver peice off but I cot get the top to come undone. I can see were I am putting stress on this part because I am seeing like dimples forming when I pull on it in each corner. What am I doing wrong? I just need a little help please. I would like to get this new boot on today since it is around 45 out and it is just a nice day to be out with out a jacket and play with the car.

Civicvtec1ps
12-27-2003, 11:20 AM
My shifter console is messed up too. Dont worry about. DAmn thing wont ever come out easily.

02SilverSiHB
12-27-2003, 11:44 AM
I found mine to come out pretty easy...after I remove the shift knob and the dash is ready to come off...I just grab the top of the boot with both hand and gently pull on it and the dash pops out, you might have to wiggle it a little, but it comes out pretty easy, then you can get to the back of that part of the dash and unscrew the part that holds the boot.

Peking
12-27-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
My shifter console is messed up too. Dont worry about. DAmn thing wont ever come out easily.

Mine is messed up too. I used a flat head driver at the top to help pop off. Becareful though or you will damage the console.

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I found mine to come out pretty easy...after I remove the shift knob and the dash is ready to come off...I just grab the top of the boot with both hand and gently pull on it and the dash pops out, you might have to wiggle it a little, but it comes out pretty easy, then you can get to the back of that part of the dash and unscrew the part that holds the boot.

I wish it was that easy for me. Must be all those push ups they make you do :D

02SilverSiHB
12-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Peking
I wish it was that easy for me. Must be all those push ups they make you do :D
LOL :D

siver-SI
12-27-2003, 01:46 PM
Ok got it off. Found the problem the clip was over the plastic part that stick up and not in that grove that is made to fit into so some one at the factory just jamed it in there.

Now my problem is that I got the ITR Leather Shift Boot w/ Red Stitching and I thought it was a direct fit but I guess not with the OEM shift knob so anyone know what I have to do to get everything to fit?