PDA

View Full Version : ITR Leather Shift Boot intall help please

siver-SI
12-27-2003, 06:03 PM
All right I got my dash apart and I got the boot into and onto the dash but now I can not get the boot to work with the OEM shift knob. I am wondering it is supose to work with the OEM knob or would I have to get a after market knob for it to work. I like the leather on leather look but I just can not get to knob on with the ITR Leather Shift Boot.

Thanks,

Neal

Civicvtec1ps
12-27-2003, 06:23 PM
In order to use stock shiftknob. You will need that chrome clip that clips on that oem shiftknobs.You will have to figure out how to attach them to itr shift boot
Did you get this shift boot?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=2450902027
Those boot come with that black clip, which is attach to boot. You can probably take that out and replace with chrome shift clip.

siver-SI
12-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Yea that is the boot I got. I guess I will have to figure out how to change the fittings then.

thanks,

Neal

oldschoolimport
12-27-2003, 07:51 PM
if you have not finished this yet, inside the chrome ring on the stock boot there is 2 clips in the bottom that come thru from the under ring that holds the chrome ring to the boot. squeeze the clips and remove the chrome ring. snap it on the bottom of the shift knob and screw it down on top of the new shift boot. it should clamp the new boot down tight. if the new boot wont rest on top of the shifter shoulder just down from the threads, try the washer trick.

siver-SI
12-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know how to get that plastic piece off the ITR boot with out dammaging the leather? It looks as though it I can take that off I can them install the crome ring and snap over the leather and I am set.

Thanks,

Neal