PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Upgrades?

DarkHatch
12-28-2003, 12:30 AM
Just wondering if I was to upgrade my ignition at all what would I do? I already have the Nology hotwires and Denso Iridium plugs. I'm just not to keen on the rest of the aftermarket components. I know this is prolly a dumb question, but I figuired you guys would be the right people to ask;) So fire away:) BTW Thanx for your input.

oldschoolimport
12-28-2003, 12:40 AM
from what all has been discussed before, with the coil packs directly over the plugs, you have more ignition upgrades than most feel are necessary. I know this does not help a damn bit, but that is what I seem to have remembered from that discussion. plugs are really the only ignition piece that is being upgraded. someone pointed out that since the coils sit on the plugs, the wires are not necessary unless they are damaged. sorry if I wasted your time.

DarkHatch
12-28-2003, 09:52 AM
No time has been wasted:) It's good info;) But don't they make spark amplifiers or would they not make a difference because of the coil plug?

Mighty_Mouse
12-28-2003, 10:00 AM
Plasma Directs. It's an upgrade to the actual coil that sits over the plugs. Only show 1-2HP across the entire RPM though. Legitimate gain, but pretty low on the HP/$ list.