PDA

View Full Version : save yourself the trouble

K20A3Si
12-28-2003, 02:20 PM
i just thought i would post this because i dont want anyone else to run uinto this problem, today i was going to install my type-s rear sway bar(19mm)...i went into the garage and started going away at it...i got off the too bushing and clamps off easy. i ran into trouble when i tries taking of my endlinks...i was told by a few of my mechanics that i would not have a probloem getting them off becasue they ar enew...well guess again...i stripped one of them and didnt even bother trying to take of the other one. i was very upset and tried everything i could to get the stupid link off...i am going to have to cut it off..i didnt bother taking my car home...i tried driving it an the sway bar was very loose and i could hear it banging around..i am going to examine the link and look at how honda designs it so they strip when you try to remove them...i am lucky my dad runs a honda dealership becasue if not i wouldnt have place to leave my car or order parts for cost...i am going to get the links tommorow and finish the job after i am done working..it would have taken me 15 minutes if i ordered the links....but all i am saying is save yourself the problems and just order the end links....i wish i had.

eurosteez
12-28-2003, 05:57 PM
good lookin out man

myeverlovinsir
12-28-2003, 06:05 PM
Just bad luck. I have been running with the CTR sway, I used the stock endlinks and even though they are not as beefy as I would have liked, I have had no problems.

Hatch, Si Hatch
12-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Are you sure its stripped? You have to use a hex head wrench on the end of the bolt while you turn the nut, if not it will just sit there and rotate.

chunky
12-28-2003, 07:48 PM
I dunno dude. I did my rear sway at like 30,000+ miles, and had no trouble with the endlinks. Just spray it down with some lube, and always take off the endlinks before taking off the brackets. Also, you should do the entire process with the suspension loaded (i.e. the car on the ground or backed up onto ramps or something.

Peking
12-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Where you taking off the whole endlink? Only the top bolts need to be taken off. Follow what Hatch, Si Hatch and Chunky said. Dammit Eric ask DTH to change your name, it's to long :D

K20A3Si
12-29-2003, 08:04 PM
ok...i went into work this morning early...around 5 so i had the garage to my self...i began to get back at it with the end link and suddenly i had thi surge to check the thread i started and see if anyone had some advice...and i will thank all of you who responded and gave the advice that saved me from not having my car for another night...i used the hex wrench and ope ended wrench and the links were removed with ease....i have the bar on now and i feel so much more confident entering and exiting corners...less roll from the car and more stiffness which i like....thanks again peking, chunky, hatch, si hatch, myeverlovinsir, eurosteez;)

Peking
12-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
ok...i went into work this morning early...around 5 so i had the garage to my self...i began to get back at it with the end link and suddenly i had thi surge to check the thread i started and see if anyone had some advice...and i will thank all of you who responded and gave the advice that saved me from not having my car for another night...i used the hex wrench and ope ended wrench and the links were removed with ease....i have the bar on now and i feel so much more confident entering and exiting corners...less roll from the car and more stiffness which i like....thanks again peking, chunky, hatch, si hatch, myeverlovinsir, eurosteez;)

No problem, glad you got her on :)