PDA

View Full Version : SRS light

2003EP3
12-29-2003, 12:41 AM
Why has my damn SRS light been on since I bought the car?!?! Oh well...i'm taking it in tomorrow to see whats up, maybe its a bad sensor? Someone please fill me in if you have any info on this...greatly appreciated

2003EP3
12-29-2003, 12:56 AM
heres a pic i took right mow

BSEVEER
12-29-2003, 09:13 AM
Mine was on for a couple of weeks so I took it to the dealer. They replaced one of the buckles and that fixed it. I guess there is a sensor in there. The dealer should handle it no problem.

the JigGa mAn
12-30-2003, 12:48 AM
whats SRS?

HgSi
01-14-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
whats SRS?

It's a legalese term. "Supplementary Restraint System." To you and me, that means "Airbag."

ApexinSi
01-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Well my friend... All I have to tell you is GET IT FIXED ASAP AND BEFORE WARRENTY IS UP!!! :banana: .. sorry to sound like a crazy yelling mexican but my car has been to honda over 5 times because of my SRS light... fun I tell you. to make a long story short, the final step to stop my SRS light from staying on was to take apart the entire dashboard to replace the main SRS control unit... this is after replacing other numerous sensors. There are a dozen or so sensors all over the car and if one is broke that muthafookin SRS light is gonna stay on. so all i've been doing is crossing my fingers and hope it doesn't come on again.. hope this helps

k20hatch
01-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Mines been on since the summer when my old racing seats were in there...still on...heh...:)

SuperRacerTypeR
01-26-2004, 12:40 AM
have u guys try disconnect the battery for 15min and connect it back to see if SRS light still on?

raiyo
01-26-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by SuperRacerTypeR
have u guys try disconnect the battery for 15min and connect it back to see if SRS light still on?

no, the srs light wont just go on if you disconnect the battery for a period of time. when i got my alarm hooked up, it was disconnected way over 15 minutes. same thing when i did other mods on the car. i had to disconnect the battery for a period of time. srs didnt lit up.

bring it to the dealer. lots of reasons why the SRS is on.