PDA

View Full Version : Is this warrantied?

02NJHondaep3
12-29-2003, 05:29 PM
Is radiator covered under warranty? My 20K mile ep, has 2 pinholes in the radiator. Add that to the book of problems i've had.

NuG
12-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Yes this should be covered if there are pre-mature leaks like that.

dj addicted
12-30-2003, 07:01 AM
as long as you havent done any kind of mods to the radiator... you are ok. Just take it to honda and you shouldnt have any problems getting it fixed.

BlackNRedSi
12-30-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by 02nighthawksivi
Is radiator covered under warranty? My 20K mile ep, has 2 pinholes in the radiator. Add that to the book of problems i've had.

whats the 'list of problems' you have been having? i suggest if its a LIST bring the EP to a dealership show them all the problmes...if they give you crap, bring it to another dealership or request to speak with the office manager...if you get no where...bring your car to a local mechanic you trust have him document EVERYTHING for you...and call honda of USA...

if all fails, get rid of the EP get something else...there should be no reason you are having tons of problems this early in owning your car...good luck, keep us updated...

eric :)

STP03BlueSI
12-30-2003, 08:35 AM
Could using a Spoon Sports rad cap do damage?

bao_pay
12-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Could using a Spoon Sports rad cap do damage?

yup. can't remember the specifics but if its not working properly can really do damage to your car.

NuG
12-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by bao_pay
yup. can't remember the specifics but if its not working properly can really do damage to your car.

How could it not work properly? Bad seals? The install is pretty straightforward :winkm:

Bificus
12-30-2003, 10:09 AM
I would pop that spoon cap off before I took the car in to have the radiator inspected. As the previous post mentioned:
"if its not working properly" means its not pressurising properly for one thing. Too much pressure especially can cause issues.

shimmy_yaz
12-30-2003, 02:49 PM
I don't think a radiator cap can cause too much pressure since all they do is black the pressure and make sure it doesn't leak. If the cap were leaking themn yeah that could cause some problems but I hope you would have noticed that.

DyNastySi
12-30-2003, 08:35 PM
What if you cut out the front grill? Still covered? Maybe not the condenser right?

02HatchSI
12-30-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by DyNastySi
What if you cut out the front grill? Still covered? Maybe not the condenser right?

Well I think then there might be sort of a problem there... cause the original grill there b4 was used to "protect" your radiator... U took that away so then there could be a case about that... So i am saying thats an iffy situation!

02NJHondaep3
12-31-2003, 11:40 AM
The 2 holes are on side facing the engine of my radiator. They're not on the visible part. I have a Cai,headers,es inserts, and ground wires. Does this affect the radiator in anyway?

Problems up to 20K miles:
2 cv joints
broken steering knuckle
broken ball joints
rebuilt 3rd gear and synchros
broken spindle and lug
broken radiator

I think my Honda hates me but except for 1 cv joint its not my fault. I'm about to sell the car. I love it but everytime it gets out of the shop it has to go back in. My parents yell at me for putting aftermarket parts on but i pay for the car and insurance. Yea my sig is misleading but after my car breaks down I drive it calmy and i stopped beating on it. I towed it to another Honda cause the one I had it at broke everything and spent 2 weeks rebuilding my tranny.As the car was lifted onto the tow truck a lug came off. What should I do?

younggotti266
12-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by NuG
How could it not work properly? Bad seals? The install is pretty straightforward :winkm:

Problems would be due to Cap defects
I.E. Not holding pressure, or sticking and not opening up when it's supposed to...

STP03BlueSI
12-31-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by 02nighthawksivi
The 2 holes are on side facing the engine of my radiator. They're not on the visible part. I have a Cai,headers,es inserts, and ground wires. Does this affect the radiator in anyway?

Problems up to 20K miles:
2 cv joints
broken steering knuckle
broken ball joints
rebuilt 3rd gear and synchros
broken spindle and lug
broken radiator

I think my Honda hates me but except for 1 cv joint its not my fault. I'm about to sell the car. I love it but everytime it gets out of the shop it has to go back in. My parents yell at me for putting aftermarket parts on but i pay for the car and insurance. Yea my sig is misleading but after my car breaks down I drive it calmy and i stopped beating on it. I towed it to another Honda cause the one I had it at broke everything and spent 2 weeks rebuilding my tranny.As the car was lifted onto the tow truck a lug came off. What should I do?

wow the lug came off..that dangerous:confused:

hatchySi
01-01-2004, 12:28 AM
I don't know why, but I always see people posting threads about their cars having problems. Mine has no problems what so ever *knocks on wood* I don't want to jinx my self well anyways my car is all good it hasn't given me anything probs at all so im happy