PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a good sound clip of a Magnaflow exhaust?

civic si hb
12-29-2003, 08:21 PM
So i've been in the market for a exhaust and i beleive my only 2 choices are the magnaflow or the Comptech because i have the CTR rear swaybar.(because they clear the bar) i would like to get the comptech but i can't cough up the 600.00 plus for a new one and finding a used is pretty hard too. i recently had the Greddy Evo and loved the sound, not to loud and very deep.(the big tip kinda grew on me) So now i'm looking into the magnaflow becuse it seems to fit the budget, i would really like to here it first. i'm looking for an inside clip, outside clip in neutral(reved to at least 6k) and finally a taking off clip from 1st gear threw 3rd.(i know i don't want much) i checked the sound clips on this section and i heard only one, and it was a minor rev. i hear so many mixed reviews on this exhaust i would like to make my on mind here. some say it's way to loud, some say it's perfect, others say it's deep, other say it's raspy and so on. finally i a have a 3 year old son and don't want to blow his ears on either. sorry so long guys and as always thanks for the help.

anjapower
12-29-2003, 09:39 PM
rob if you're willing to drive down to my place, you can hear my friend jon's exhaust in person. IMO, the exhaust is too loud for your highway commute, and there isn't a silencer out for it either. Definitely a good deal at 322 shipped though.

cHiNoYbOi14
12-29-2003, 09:49 PM
I bought my Magnaflow for 322.85 from hottexhaust.com, pretty good price. It is kinda loud, inside the car isn't that bad either. It doesn't drown out the stereo much. Get the Magnaflow.

civic si hb
01-01-2004, 08:29 PM
well last night i got to hang out with Anj and his friend Jon and got to get a good listen to the Magnaflow set up. the magnaflow sounds alot like the Comptech (Anj has it). the magnaflow has it times where it's a little loud and then it had it's times when your crusing on the highway and it blends in where you can bearly tell it's there. overall i would highly recommend this product hands down, the muffler section is a sleeper the way it looks. the muffler it looks very small and it makes you wonder how they get that sound from such a small muffler. i was very skeptical of the magnaflow name because they are none for their american car performance needless to say, but after lastnight they have my buy in for a great exhaust. anybody that is in the market for the comptech i would seriously take a second look at the magnaflow and save yourself the 300.00, well that's it for now.

Brettnyt
01-02-2004, 01:00 AM
<--- loves his magnaflow

Its great when I am alone in the car, I can still hear my stereo over it... Love the loud deep sound... It is noticable to other car alarms, they chirp when I drive by in a parking garage... It sounds great with my AEM CAI, and how can you go wrong for the price? Has some of the best gains of any system on the market, from what i hear....

EvilMonkey3
01-02-2004, 01:33 AM
magnaflow is designed by comptech so you get a good deal with the price and the same quality

SuperRacerTypeR
01-02-2004, 09:44 PM
well, Magnaflow exhaust is a great exhaust, my car was a prototype car for Magnaflow,due to this,my car was the first car to have Magnaflow exhaust on. the sound isn't that loud but the gain of HP is about 5-7 hp. For the record "Skunk2 and Comptech" exhaust are made by Magnaflow Co. have any question regurding to Magnaflow please call Magnaflow at 1-800-990-0905. or go www.magnaflow.com:yellm:

HondaMan
01-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
<--- loves his magnaflow

Its great when I am alone in the car, I can still hear my stereo over it... Love the loud deep sound... It is noticable to other car alarms, they chirp when I drive by in a parking garage... It sounds great with my AEM CAI, and how can you go wrong for the price? Has some of the best gains of any system on the market, from what i hear....

Ditto...I love my MagnaFLow! :)

02SilverSiHB
01-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by EvilMonkey3
magnaflow is designed by comptech
? says who?

glw
01-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by EvilMonkey3
magnaflow is designed by comptech so you get a good deal with the price and the same quality
Originally posted by SuperRacerTypeR
well, Magnaflow exhaust is a great exhaust, my car was a prototype car for Magnaflow,due to this,my car was the first car to have Magnaflow exhaust on. the sound isn't that loud but the gain of HP is about 5-7 hp. For the record "Skunk2 and Comptech" exhaust are made by Magnaflow Co. have any question regurding to Magnaflow please call Magnaflow at 1-800-990-0905. or go www.magnaflow.com:yellm:
magnaflow is designed by magnaflow. i know because i witnessed them designing it at their r&d center in rancho santa margarita, ca. my car was the testfit car and i got the first dual tip production unit. :D

old original thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14965&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

clips of a number of exhausts (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5486) - it is even a sticky at the top of this topic.

SuperRacerTypeR
01-03-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by glw
magnaflow is designed by magnaflow. i know because i witnessed them designing it at their r&d center in rancho santa margarita, ca. my car was the testfit car and i got the first dual tip production unit. :D

old original thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14965&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

clips of a number of exhausts (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5486) - it is even a sticky at the top of this topic.

TO GLW ur one funny guy, im the First one to get the MAgnaflow exhaust production, and yes i was at the tech center at Santa MArgarita, CA. Just call Ellis Lloyd and Brion Lee @ tech center at Magnaflow and u will find out who is the Prototype car. my EP was test fitted and dyno tested. "so stop lying" GLW.:p

anjapower
01-03-2004, 11:30 AM
no it's the other way around...supposedly the comptech exhaust is made by magnaflow to comptech's specs.

02SilverSiHB
01-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by anjapower
no it's the other way around...supposedly the comptech exhaust is made by magnaflow to comptech's specs.
:rolleyes: comptech does their own R&D, I don't think they are going to have someone else make the exhaust for them