PDA

View Full Version : skunk cams?

bao_pay
12-30-2003, 09:13 AM
My friend brought back a skunk2 catalogue book from sema and I was flipping through it and it has camshaft and ecu mods for both the k20a2 and 3.

Does anyone know if we can just simply bolt on aftermarket cams for the A2 onto our A3's and then just swap the ecu(fuel mapping and to recognize the vtec lobe)??? This is much cheaper than swapping the entire head from an A2 and it also gives you more aggressive cams anyways.

I'm going to e-mail skunk2 on this but if anyone knows you can save me some time here...

bonus question... because the A2 cam will push valves lower, will this cause them to bottom out on the cylinder head like it did on the old b20 frankenstien engines?

CivicGSiR
12-30-2003, 09:42 AM
read every page of the thread

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24759

MrCivic03
12-30-2003, 10:13 AM
i dont think that helps man, bc that guy swapped head from k20a2 not just internals. i would talk to one of the gurus on here about this bao. but thats just me. hope u get possitive answers bc i would like to no too...

cadoodoo
12-30-2003, 10:23 AM
definatly interested too.how much is skunk 2 asking for them? thanks
-cadu-

03EP3Si
12-30-2003, 11:23 AM
The A2 Cams wont Line up with the Rocker arms on our Head setup. So therefore the after market cams for the A2 also would not fit
There was a pic somewhere i cant find it but it shows the difference up close and personal of the A2 cams and the A3 cams.

k20whiteboi269
12-30-2003, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bao_pay
[B]My friend brought back a skunk2 catalogue book from sema and I was flipping through it and it has camshaft and ecu mods for both the k20a2 and 3.

id be interested in knowing what skunk2 has available for the A3. keep us posted on what u come up with....

bgsteve523
01-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Did anyone ever hear about the cams?? Like when they might be comming out.

hothatch03si
01-09-2004, 12:23 AM
i've heard about them to i kno they r comin out wit stage 1 cams for our car but not sure when and the price if u go to skunk2.com u will see them on the product list

bao_pay
01-09-2004, 01:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the cams are out already because in the catalogue they have this chart that shows different engines and the mods that are availible. The cams were checked as availible already and not as under development so I'm pretty sure you can get them already. From what I know the websites are always the last to get updated so thats why it might not show but then again, I don't have confirmation other than whats in the catalogue.