PDA

View Full Version : HFP Package Questions

Mithuth
12-31-2003, 11:15 PM
I did a search, but didnt seem to find the info I was looking for.

Does anyone know how much the HFP package costs on the 04s; I'm sure it has to be ordered on the car when purchased, but how much?

I read on one of the threads here that Honda is no longer offering it because of the whole "I want the wing but not hte kit" issues. Any truth to this?

My potential mods list included: kit, wing, wheels, lowering. All of which are in the HFP package. Grant it, the kit is a bit different that I planned to purchase, but it's acceptable. The HFP wheels are tolerable, the drop is acceptable, and the wing is an obvious must.

If I could get a HFP 04 Si at a reasonable rate, I'd save myself a lot of steps later on and have a warranty to boot.:D I'd just have to get a Turbo setup and ready to go on at 36,001 miles. lol

LannyM
01-01-2004, 08:40 AM
The HFP kit is not yet released to dealers, at least according to the dealers in my area. It's slated to be released on Jan 15th, 2004.

I would imagine that since the '04 Si is just hitting showrooms in the last couple of weeks, there was no reason to release it earlier, as the wheels won't bolt onto the 02/03s.

Cost is targeted at $3900 plus whatever the dealer wants to install it. I have seen a couple of posts about dealers quoting prices for just the body kit; however, it remains to be seen whether or not Honda will actually ships parts separately; they have not in the past. I believe the reason for this confusion stems from the fact that Honda lists all the parts separately by part number and each piece has it's own price, so if a dealer looks it up it looks like an individual part. If he tries to actually order that number, Honda won't ship it-they have to be bought together, or they need to be a replacement part for a whole kit that was already ordered and would require that vehicle's VIN.

Most people here seem to think the kit is overpriced. I'm not one of them. If you were to buy a proper suspension like the Mugen Sport (@$1200 installed), a urethane body kit like the Kaminari(@$1300 painted and installed), and decent wheels/tires (@$1200 balanced and shipped), you'd be looking at at least $3700 and that doesn't include the rear wing. To get factory quality stuff that is actually designed to fit for a couple hundred more seems reasonable.

Most dealers in my area seem willing to deal on the price of the HFP kit as well; I think you could be installed and out the door for less than $4k.....

Mithuth
01-01-2004, 11:02 AM
MY thoughts exactly on the whole package.

Complete package painted to match WITH a warantee.

figure a base price for an Si is in the 19000 ballpark, add say.. 4000 for the kit totalling 23000.

Then you can take off some for dealership insentives, money down, trade allowances, etc...

Sounds like an awsome deal to me.

CaTiRo
01-02-2004, 12:41 PM
in my area they are selling the 03s brand new for $15900. makes me want to get rid of my 00 si for an ep but figure i'll wait and see if the prices on the 04 will drop. i know a lot of people don't like the new lights on the 04 but i think they are an improvement over the 02/03 lights. that and the 04 comes with 16s standard and there is the 17s wheels that look great as well. i have to agree, i would much rather get the car with the hfp package. i think honda should have offer the car with the hfp package as a standard si, instead of it being an option.

2.0L Monster
01-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Not everyone would want it. I have see 40 year olds in an ep3 who would probably not get the car if they had to pay 4000 dollars extra for thing they wouldn't want.

SiR_d1
01-02-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Kit. In Canada, I think they came free with the 03 but now its an option because customers weren't feelin it and they would ask their dealers if they could remove it:D

LannyM
01-02-2004, 02:54 PM
I think the kit looks great when combined with the lowered stance and the 17"'s. I would agree that to put that kit or any kit on the EP3 with the stock ride height and 15"'s wouldn't look very good.

Mwing
01-02-2004, 04:12 PM
At the time I bought my EP, I could have the car and the kit plus wing for the msrp ($26500 CDN), then they told me I had an option not to take the kit and wing for $1800 CDN cash back. I then didn't take it. There was no lowered suspension and bigger rims, just the kit and wing.

Edit: Carbon fiber dash included also.

Siman
01-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Just buy a type-s rsx........:confused:

I would never pay 3900 for a kit! Jeez! Get the mugen stuff, get some go stuff for goodness sakes!

:p

And also: I respect others might want more show and no go;) I really do!

SiR_d1
01-07-2004, 11:43 AM
ditto,

im currently trying to save up more money so when spring time comes I'll just focus all on exterior and interior. I'm completely satisfied with my I/H/E, I honestly dont want to do anymore real performance mods because the hp/$ ratio doesn't seem worth anymore. I figure at this point I i've given my ep its peak potential with just simple bolt ons,

just my $.02

66elwood99
01-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 2.0L Monster
Not everyone would want it. I have see 40 year olds in an ep3 who would probably not get the car if they had to pay 4000 dollars extra for thing they wouldn't want.

I turn forty next month. Does this mean I have to raise my Si back up take off the header , C.A.I and exhaust? ;)
Or can I contuine with my mid-life crisis? :D