PDA

View Full Version : Q for DC SPORTS exhaust owners

skc
01-01-2004, 12:11 AM
I'm thinking of getting this exhaust with DC ceramic header.
how does it fit?
Did you shave off rear bumper when you installed exhaust?
I called local shop and they told me installation will be higher
because they have to shave off the bumper little bit and it's not pretty.
The guy i talked to said that it's not worth to get DC SPORTS exhaust
and recommend to get Tanabe super racing medalion exhaust instead.
I haven't heard DC SPORTS sound but i really like the look.
anyone have have DC SPORTS exhaust sound clip?

batboy02si
01-01-2004, 04:29 PM
i've got one and i think it's great. no cutting anything. every once and awhile you did hear vibration where a section of the pipe hits in the car but that went away after it settled in. i got the ceramic header coming in soon so i'll tell you how it fits all together. but other then that it's very nice!!

rjammd
01-02-2004, 08:43 AM
I've got the DC Sports exhaust and header, no problems at all. I've had the setup for almost a year now. You don't need to shave anything just bolts right up. It sounds like to me someone is just trying to make a sale on some old stock. Go with what you like not what some a-hole wants you to buy. I like mine and have ever since I purchased it. As for install, it took me 30 mins. 10 mins to take the stock exhaust off, 10 minute smoke break and 10 minutes to install the DC. Simple job. Go out the night before your going to install the exhaust and WD-40 all the exhaust bolts your going to be removing, usually they come right off when your ready.

skc
01-05-2004, 07:38 PM
thx guyz :)
i ordered DC sports ceramic header and DC DCS exhaust.
and will be installing this coming Sunday.
can't wait :D

/-/O/\/D/\ EP3
01-05-2004, 07:49 PM
try to have some sound/vid mpegs after your install...(small favor-please....)i want to hear what it sounds like... i also want to go with the same set-up...DC stainless steel headers and the DC DCS can.../exhaust---don't like mixing parts for my EP3-ya know what i mean...thanks bro...