PDA

View Full Version : need help bad!!!!

2k2civicSi
06-30-2002, 07:43 PM
ok i was driving my car tonight and i go from first to second chirp then from 2nd to 3rd push the clutch all the way down bad grinding noise so then i think ok maybe i didnt put it down all the way so i try it agen it happens agen then i was like wtf so i was driving home slow put it into 2nd small quick grind mind you i 100% pushed the clutch all the way down

hepl plz!!!!!!

DynaSpeed
06-30-2002, 07:56 PM
Looks like its a trip to your Honda dealer to get those Synchros back in check. I hope you haven't had your car for a while, and bark each gear, cuz if they see that there is excessive wear and tear its not gonna be covered under warranty.

2k2civicSi
06-30-2002, 08:00 PM
ive had it for 5k but i dont dog it

02TafWhtSi
06-30-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
ive had it for 5k but i dont dog it

:eek: - I've never heard anything about bad syncros before on the new Si's but they are only 4 months old anyway. See if Honda has recalled anything w/ the transmission and then take it to the dealer anyway. Worst case scenario you have to pay out of pocket for the repairs - everything else will still be under warranty if if they think you've been "abusing" it.

2k2civicSi
06-30-2002, 08:13 PM
do you guys think two really bad grinds trying to get it into 3rd would really hurt my tranny

02TafWhtSi
06-30-2002, 08:19 PM
do you guys think two really bad grinds trying to get it into 3rd would really hurt my tranny

It depends on what is actually "grinding". Could be alot of things. Get in contact with "Hondatech" on this board - he knows alot about Hondas. I think he worked in the service department for a dealership.

2k2civicSi
06-30-2002, 09:18 PM
well im taking it to the dealer tomarrow ill fill you in when i find out whats wrong

thanks for the help guys

CleanBlackSi02
06-30-2002, 09:38 PM
I don't think that would hurt your tranny too bad. Your Honda is made very well and should take a licking....and keep on ticking. But be nice to her...

2k2civicSi
07-02-2002, 01:19 PM
ok i took my car in they are trying to tell my its fine but its not!!!!
it doesnt grind all the time so how can i get them to fix it

punkdork
07-02-2002, 01:25 PM
ok i took my car in they are trying to tell my its fine but its not!!!!
it doesnt grind all the time so how can i get them to fix it

Find out when it grinds so you can reproduce it. Tell them how to do it. If they still can't repro, have them ride with you and watch.

2k2civicSi
07-02-2002, 01:33 PM
but to do it i have to shift fast and then they will fix it but they will charge me cuz they will think i put exciveve wear

mixedupneko
07-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Yo mansame sht happens to me when shift quck its not smehtign that happens all the time but. Tell me that shit does not ake u cry wen you here it. I admite a couple times i didnt have my fot on the clutch all th way down. bu tis ppend when it was. i duno i hope ti doesnt fuck my shit up to much (

neko

2k2civicSi
07-02-2002, 01:48 PM
yeah man when i heard it my heart droped

mixedupneko
07-02-2002, 01:49 PM
im rite there wit u bro
Yo man the same shit happens to me when i shift quick its not something that happens all the time but. Tell me that shit does not make u cry when you hear it. I admit a couple of times i didnt have my foot on the clutch all the way down. but it's hapened when it was all the way down. i duno i hope it doesnt fuck my shit up to much :(

neko

2k2civicSi
07-02-2002, 01:54 PM
what are you gona do about it i want to take my car to the track but i dont want tit to do this shit wile im draging and have every one think i suck at stick

punkdork
07-02-2002, 02:28 PM
I hate to say it but if you take your car to the track, all bets are off. The car is warranteed for street use, not motorsport. That being said, I still think if the issue shows up with quick shifting (not just dumping the clutch) they should fix it.

SiCivic2k2
07-03-2002, 11:52 AM
fuck, shit, shit, fuck, damn, shit, fuck

(Just thought I'd join the crowd)

AHEM, is this really neccessary? - Admin

punkdork
07-03-2002, 12:18 PM
Dirving home last night I think I hit what you guys are talking about. I was shifting, not even driving hard and it went into gear with a nasty metalic crunch. The next shift was smooth as silk. I don't know if it was a synchro not catching up or what. Looking back the car has done this from day one and I assumed it was just the sound of this particular gear box.

2k2civicSi
07-03-2002, 12:34 PM
mine did to

mixedupneko
07-04-2002, 06:41 PM
2k2civic sidont worry about it i took my car to the track 2 times no probems... i think we mite need to shif a lil harder n stop babying it cuz mabey it needs to b broken in or streached sum

neko

02TafWhtSi
07-04-2002, 07:47 PM
hmmm.. I've never had this happen to me before - I'll keep a closer watch for it though. Maybe its a recall that Honda hasn't released yet?