PDA

View Full Version : What else is needed for the Greddy Turbo kit ?

eggot
01-01-2004, 02:14 PM
I was wondering what else is needed for the greedy turbo kit i was thinkin boost gauge a/f gauge sum type of material to protect firewall behind the turbo. How much is the blow off valve with flange ? anything else needed ?

RedLight_Si
01-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Clutch and any other part thats going to fail prematurely.

Zero Three Si
01-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Bigger midpipe

eggot
01-01-2004, 02:28 PM
I know that my question and concern was more towards whats needed for the install. Like other nessicary items

beansbear
01-01-2004, 02:32 PM
you will NEED:
- boost gauge
- egt
- soldering iron
- NGK IFR7G-11K or Greddy #7 plugs
- 92 octane and above gas

you will WANT
- BOV
- Intercooler
- Turbo Timer
- Boost controller

you may get later...
- oil pressure gauge
- fuel pressure gauge

n8dawgsmu
01-01-2004, 02:55 PM
i thought technically the kit was ready to run, why put in gauges if are running the base kit, also a blow off isn't necessary,, but will prolong the life of the turbo if you drive it hard.

beansbear
01-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by n8dawgsmu
i thought technically the kit was ready to run, why put in gauges if are running the base kit, also a blow off isn't necessary,, but will prolong the life of the turbo if you drive it hard.

yes.. it is ready to run but i wouldnt want to take a chance and blow up my engine. get the boost gauge.

StReEt_DrEaMeR
01-01-2004, 03:58 PM
GReddy turbo kit must have are:
boost gauge
a/f gauge
EGT gauge
boost controller (PRofec e-01 is said to be very good)
turbo timer

hope this helps

mixedupneko
01-01-2004, 04:37 PM
How much was that boost controller ? And how much are you guys paying for the BOV and flange

StReEt_DrEaMeR
01-01-2004, 04:50 PM
heres a pic of the PRofec e-01 the lowest price i found was $495.00 at rsxmotorsports.com its also used to program the e-manage, Boost can be read in kg/cm2, bar, psi, so you are ready to go with whichever method of reading boost you require! and a GReddy type S BOV usualy runs for $175.00

ep_nezay
01-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by eggot
1)sum type of material to protect firewall behind the turbo. 2)How much is the blow off valve with flange 3)anything else I need?

1)The kit should come with heat wrap.

2)The flange will be around $25 and the BOV $175

3)You need;
Boost gauge

Recommend;
Colder plugs
Intercooler kit
Boost controller
Turbo timer
ALWAYS 91 octane and above.

BTW- I have a Greddy flange on the Greddy pipping if you want to buy it.

n8dawgsmu
01-01-2004, 10:56 PM
is this the flange, and is it a hard diy, is the emanage hard to wire in

beansbear
01-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Depends what BOV you get. You cant install it yourself unless you know how to weld. Every BOV is different.

n8dawgsmu
01-01-2004, 11:05 PM
im assuming it will work with the greddy kit and the greddy type S BOV. where do you get it welded at?(position on the car?)

beansbear
01-01-2004, 11:09 PM
you can weld it anywhere on the IC piping. Space is tight so you will be limited... you will understand once you get the kit.

n8dawgsmu
01-01-2004, 11:23 PM
is there a good chance i can do the install, me and a couple of friends plan on doing it friday and sat, we can change pistons rods i can port whatever you want on a jetski motorcycle 2stroke, and i work on dune buggies all the time. i just don't wnat ot end up installing 90% of it and having to take it back apart to drive it because i could'nt figure out what to do.

if neone from dallas has done this install let me know i would gladly let you help me work on my car ;) how bout a 12 pack for those over 21

beansbear
01-01-2004, 11:27 PM
The install is pretty straight forward. it will be easier if you have a lift but you can do it with jackstands. just follow all the instructions and solder all wires. take your time and triple check your work.

n8dawgsmu
01-01-2004, 11:36 PM
i install alarms and stereos, and the guy helping me with the wiring is an electronic engineer, he was very excited to learn that he was going to break out his expensive @$$ soldering iron

beansbear
01-01-2004, 11:41 PM
good thing because you will need to solder a bit! injectors and emanage.

02SilverSiHB
01-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by beansbear
you will NEED:
- boost gauge
- egt
- soldering iron

you will WANT
- BOV
- Intercooler
- Turbo Timer
- Boost controller

you may get later...
- oil pressure gauge
- fuel pressure gauge
okay, I'm a little confused...sorry, but I'm still way new to the turbo thing and this greddy thing is really starting to interest me...I like the fact that the oil line is a bolt on...big plus for me.

I thought the greddy kit came with the BOV? I guess it doesn't? Then I see later on, that you need some kind of flange to mate the BOV on the piping.
Also, I'm not too positive, but is the egt some kind of exhaust sensing part?

beansbear
01-02-2004, 11:11 AM
None of Greddy's kits come with a BOV or intercooler. If you buy ANY BOV you will need a flange unless the turbo you are buying comes with it. Make sure you know what type of flange to get. Aluminim vs. Steel. Very important!

The EGT is the Exhaust Gas Temp. Its a lot more accurate than a A/F meter.

02SilverSiHB
01-02-2004, 11:13 AM
None of Greddy's kits come with a BOV or intercooler. If you buy ANY BOV you will need a flange unless the turbo you are buying comes with it. Make sure you know what type of flange to get. Aluminim vs. Steel. Very important!

The EGT is the Exhaust Gas Temp. Its a lot more accurate than a A/F meter.
ah, okay, I guess showstoppers will probably know what I need, I would plan on buying the greddy kit from him. thanks!

beansbear
01-02-2004, 11:21 AM
yeah chuck and rocky will take good care of you for sure... i would have bought the turbo from them but Dee gave me a deal i couldn't pass up on!

02SilverSiHB
01-02-2004, 10:33 PM
by the way, how does the egt work? Does it come with the sensor or does in connect to another wire to read the temp of the gases? Also, what are "good" settings for it to be at?

bigjuice
01-06-2004, 01:10 PM
you will NEED:
- boost gauge
- egt
- soldering iron

you will WANT
- BOV
- Intercooler
- Turbo Timer
- Boost controller

you may get later...
- oil pressure gauge
- fuel pressure gauge

hook me up with the GReddy #7 spark plug part#;)