PDA

View Full Version : Driving the Ep at dusk

snubnose
01-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Has anyone noticed that some of the controls and buttons such as the HVAC and radio buttons are colored pink at around dusk time? This looks pretty to me. I first noticed this driving my Si home from the dealer's lot and every time I see the controls like this, it reminds me of when the car was brand new.

Anyway, it's interesting that the controls are pink. Have you noticed this, or is this just my feminine side peeking out?

shimmy_yaz
01-02-2004, 11:12 AM
I don't think its peeking out I would say its taking over LOL

Nah I have never noticed this

Brettnyt
01-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Hmmm... I suppose they do have a lil pink in em, but overall, they are orange

dj addicted
01-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by snubnose
Has anyone noticed that some of the controls and buttons such as the HVAC and radio buttons are colored pink at around dusk time? This looks pretty to me. I first noticed this driving my Si home from the dealer's lot and every time I see the controls like this, it reminds me of when the car was brand new.

Anyway, it's interesting that the controls are pink. Have you noticed this, or is this just my feminine side peeking out?

Just as long as your pink thong doesnt come out at dusk as well....

Stoop
01-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Yeah they are amber, not pink. It is a distinction of the Si trim. Honda did it in '99 when the Si coupe came out. The DX,HX, and EX trims all got green lights, but the Si had amber ones.

audomatik
01-02-2004, 10:10 PM
i know what you mean... i get the pink lights every once in a while. i dunno about it being pretty but it looks kinda neat. but then in like 3 minutes it gets dark and the lights are amber again

Fast02
01-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
Just as long as your pink thong doesnt come out at dusk as well....

LOL!!!:D :D

snubnose
01-03-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by audomatik
i know what you mean... i get the pink lights every once in a while. i dunno about it being pretty but it looks kinda neat. but then in like 3 minutes it gets dark and the lights are amber again

Thanks for the vindication. I'm telling everybody, you may not believe me, but at a certain time of dusk, the buttons are pink!

(The men in white coats take him away)

Mugen Power
01-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Maybe it's the outside lighting that's making it look pink? Ain't no fruity colors in my EP ;)

Also, if you notice, the driver's side window control's "Auto" lettering glows too.

BarracksSi
01-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by StoopSi
Yeah they are amber, not pink. It is a distinction of the Si trim. Honda did it in '99 when the Si coupe came out. The DX,HX, and EX trims all got green lights, but the Si had amber ones.

Just like back in '86, in fact.

Well, except for the HX and EX part, but my '86 DX had greenish lights, while my '86 Si had orange/amber/reddish/whatever lights just like my EP does.

audomatik
01-06-2004, 12:58 AM
my friends 86 prelude si had amber colored lights in it but my 89 prelude si and my other friends 92 prelude si all had teal or green lights in them... preludes are wierd. the new sh has amber... preludes are wierd. thats all i gotta say. over priced and expensive to fix, thats all preludes are... oh yeah and theyre fast and handle like ferraris...

STP03BlueSI
01-06-2004, 06:30 AM
All i see is Orange..:confused: