PDA

View Full Version : Someone Tell Me How This Would Work!!!

Littledragon77
01-02-2004, 12:59 PM
now i know that you can engine swap a type-s into our ep3s.
Questions:
How exactly do we get the 6th gear out of it?
Would you still buy a turbo for the ep3 or could you buy one that would originally go on the type-s(changing the piping though to fit the ep3)
CAN ANYONE SCHOOL ME ON THIS SO ILL KNOW WHAT THE HELL IM TALKING ABOUT WHEN THE TIME COMES THAT I PURCHASE THESE UPGRADES?!!!

TheMutt
01-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Do a search on the swap if you're interested in it. The 6th gear problem is ez to fix if you have the type-s tranny in addition to the motor. You just cut some notch out or something, no biggie. I think with the turbo you would get a kit for the ep3.

Littledragon77
01-02-2004, 01:46 PM
anyone else know anything more about this

Peking
01-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Littledragon77
How exactly do we get the 6th gear out of it?
Would you still buy a turbo for the ep3 or could you buy one that would originally go on the type-s(changing the piping though to fit the ep3)

First doing a search would help. Second the swap can be done with the stock tranny, or you can upgrade to the six speed (direct bolt on). You might have the 6 gear problem, but it could soon be solved. Get a turbo kit for the Type-S. Why take the trouble to custom something that is already out there and will fit.

Payntech
01-05-2004, 05:13 PM
#1 The shifter will have to be notched to accommodate 6th gear, but
is easily done.

#2 Definately get the turbo kit for the EP3, since it is easier to
deal with changes in fueling than to redirect pipes and
modify the intercooler to fit the body.

I would buy and install the turbo kit on the A3 and see how you like it with the EP3. We have turbo'd a few LS and they make great torque. We should be looking at the A3 engine a lot like we do the
LS b-series engines.