PDA

View Full Version : v-tec only on intake side

aRz
01-02-2004, 02:33 PM
since our vtec works w/ intake side im planning to work on the intake, intake manifold throttle body ect.... anyone know of a larger throttle body , intake manifold for the ep...?

yhanx arz

myeverlovinsir
01-02-2004, 02:57 PM
anyone know of a larger throttle body

The spoon TB is tapered to 70mm at the opening but necks down to 62.5mm at the butterfly. That's only .5mm improvement over stock. Don't bother, way too expensive and you loose cruise. I recommend a custom bore to at least 64mm, King motorsports got somewhere near 64.8mm at the butterfly and that is the max you can go on the stock TB.

intake manifold for the ep...?

The type-R intake manifold is the only larger one out there that fits now. The runners are a 3mm improvement, but that power is only seen above 8000rpms with a slight loss of tq in the 6.5-7.5k range. I would just get the Heatshield on the stock IM or do a swain thermal coating. Heat is the real power robber.

Not sure why you expect that by modifying only the Intake side you will be doing any more benefit, yes the vtec is only on the intake side, but this really has no bearing. You won't see the full potential of intake mods unless you also take care of the exhaust too. Gluk

If you do a search you'll find all kinds of info on what your looking for. ;)

DavidT
01-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Also...keep in mind we don't have high duration cam lobes on our intake cams. They're just normal cam lobes, nothing wild or wicked. Our VTEC only switches from 12-valve to 16-valve operation at 2200 RPMs. The only thing that makes our motor get more pep in the upper RPMs is the "i" part of our VTEC, the VTC operation.