PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain this to me PLEASE!!!

Littledragon77
01-02-2004, 02:46 PM
what are the dangers of purchasing a turbo(besides maybe killing yourself in a car wreck)-engine wise is what i mean. EXPAIN
I really dont even want to mess with the jrsupercharger-not enough power output for my taste.
BUT IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS BETTER IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS.

Peking
01-02-2004, 02:59 PM
First thing is to do as much research on the subject. In order to be safe, you must understand all you can. Do a search for this, also educate yourself on all the products availiable. So you will know what you will need to have the right set-up. Also this will help you with picking the right set-up, if it JRSC, Greddy, Cybernation, etc. This is a question that cannot be easily answered with out knowing what you are looking for. What kind of numbers are you looking for?

"what are the dangers of purchasing a turbo(besides maybe killing yourself in a car wreck)-engine wise is what i mean. EXPAIN
I really dont even want to mess with the jrsupercharger-not enough power output for my taste.
BUT IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS BETTER IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS."

There are a few dangers. Not knowing what you are doing, not being tuned right (air to fuel mixture), don't want to run to lean, or to rich. Not knowing how everything works. Trying to do to much with to little (trying to run a high amount of boost, without all that is needed to keep your engine safe). The JRSC has good numbers and good reviews. Will time, money, and some work. You can upgrade, to boost more, for more power. Not as easy to increase HP like a turbo, but is possible.