PDA

View Full Version : 5000 for turbo, worth/ not?

BunnyBunBun
01-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Hey, i been saving and planning on getting a turbo for my ep and this place i used to go to do my cat-back and CAI installation is asking for 5000, for greddy turbo with evething (like BOV, intercooler, turbo timers, etc)and labor work and ready to run. The only thing i need are gauges. Is this is ok deal? Does anyone with turbo has any words of wisdom for me? (buget: About 5grand)

P.S. I had cybernation in mind at first, but they told me that the greddy is the must safe kit i can get now??

Peking
01-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by BunnyBunBun
Hey, i been saving and planning on getting a turbo for my ep and this place i used to go to do my cat-back and CAI installation is asking for 5000, for greddy turbo with evething (like BOV, intercooler, turbo timers, etc)and labor work and ready to run. The only thing i need are gauges. Is this is ok deal? Does anyone with turbo has any words of wisdom for me? (buget: About 5grand)
P.S. I had cybernation in mind at first, but they told me that the greddy is the must safe kit i can get now??

Price with labor is close to what I would expect. Who is going to tune? Who told you that the Greddy kit is a "safe kit", they all have risks when not tuned and/or installed correctly. Who is this place that you are going to for the install, do they have a good rep., and have they done this kinda of install before? I feel that anyone who feels they can say what is safer than the other is just trying to sell you on there product. The Cybernation kit has been used and tested, also folks that don't live in Florida have the kit (two folks from the northeast). The kit consists of name brand products, just like the Revhard kit.

bgsteve523
01-03-2004, 06:30 AM
here you go price of kit $2400
BOV $200
IC $750
Turbo Timer $100
Boost cont $500
Labor $600.00
Gauge's and Pod $200.00
Total $4750.00

That is a little on the high side so you can do it all a little cheaper than 4700 so I say $5,000 is too much

Silver2K2SI
01-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Why go with Greddy?? It would probobaly be better to find a place in your area who puts their own kits together, installs, tunes. I live in Washington and there are 2 or 3 places who do this and make great power with low boost. The prices here for what I described are close to 5k.

BunnyBunBun
01-05-2004, 08:10 PM
thanks guys, yea i know greddy is not making the best power out there and my #1 choice is still cybernation. As far as rep of the shop that is asking for 5g is call shutoko-r (hope i spell it right) i think they are pretty good (they did my intake and catback, but i am aware that these are esay to install) and they just finish putting a greddy in the rsx-s, which i heard to be going great.
P.S. i live in houston TX, if there is anyone out there in the same town and have any suggestion about a good shop please let me know. Thanks

Peking
01-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Send Trippz a pm, he is in your area.

VIZHUNZ02SI
01-05-2004, 09:42 PM
thats a lil more than rev hards kit
3500 everything
just need gauges and a times
plus a stage 3 cluth that will run u 400.
plus labor.
i wanted to go boost n i had a break down off the cost
3499. turbo kit rev hard stage 2
400. stage 3 clutch
50. dual pod
60 x 2 guages 120.
100. t timer
500. labor
4669. total