PDA

View Full Version : Tanabe SRM vs. HKS vs. Skunk2

Si_nsational
01-02-2004, 07:54 PM
After staying up most of the night getting research on which exhaust it has conme down to these three, i want it to be relatively loud and not at all ricey, more like a low grumble or what not. should i buy a hi-flow cat with it? axle-back or cat-back? and where can i find the best deals on them? any knowledge requested.

johnnydanger
01-02-2004, 08:06 PM
mos def a catback... imo....

Peking
01-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by johnnydanger
mos def a catback... imo....

Agreed, high flow cat is not needed unless you plan to run low boost (JRSC). Any higher boost, then test pipe would be best. Tanabe SRM is super frickin sweet, and was my first choice exhaust. HKS and Skunk are cheaper, but still very good. Either way you will be pleased.

johnnydanger
01-02-2004, 10:45 PM
yeah i have tanabe and i'm in love with it... ;)

!@#$%
01-05-2004, 07:10 PM
i have the skunk2. No complaints and great customer service experienced firsthand today.

I've heard the HKS and it sounds nice, not really that loud. The only thing that worries me about the HKS is lack of stainless steel piping. That is the main reason I got the skunk2 even though I liked the look of the HKS better.

The tanabe is good i'm sure.

I vote:

1.Skunk2
2.HKS
3.Tanabe

Vertigo
01-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Me + Skunk2 = Love! I have not heard the HKS first hand though. All three are great choices. I got the Skunk2 because of the SS piping and the non-angled muffler.

BTW: !@#$%- Did you get a silencer with your cat-back?