PDA

View Full Version : Switching over to high test?

03SiBlack
01-02-2004, 09:49 PM
ive been running 87 in my car for a couple of months now i wanted to switch over to 94 or whatever the highest they have at the gas station. Will it cause any problems to my car to switch over to a different octane? Also does it matter if the gas gets mixed with the 87? Sorry but i just gotta be sure

MrCivic03
01-02-2004, 09:54 PM
well first of all search because i have read this about 3 times...

second i use 89 and sometime 92 and the higher the cleaner for the earth and the better for the engine...

gas is gas, octane can be mixed, to my knowledge...

hope this helps man

03SiBlack
01-02-2004, 09:57 PM
i know i read the thread on it but i just wanted to make sure switching over wont be a problem

civic si hb
01-02-2004, 10:07 PM
i don't think it'll hurt you, it might help your gas milage or make you engine sound a little more quiet but that's about it. i always have used 93 in all my cars just because it cost you a buck more to fill it up rather than using 89, plus i think she likes it better ;)

Peking
01-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by civic si hb
i don't think it'll hurt you, it might help your gas milage or make you engine sound a little more quiet but that's about it. i always have used 93 in all my cars just because it cost you a buck more to fill it up rather than using 89, plus i think she likes it better ;)

It won't hurt you. If you got Hondata, or drove a Type-S there fuel maps are designed to use like 93 or better. I have tried all three octanes available here (87,89,93). Lowest octane will give you the most fuel economy. Highest grade will burn the best, so you will feel a slight difference in perfromance. I use the highest grade from Chevron :)