PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!

VIZHUNZ02SI
01-02-2004, 11:50 PM
for some reason my ep is making a speaky annoying noise when it is idling at is normal pace. when i light press the gas is goes away. but comes back when i take my foot off the gas. i dont know if its a problem is the head or what but its annoying me the dealer says its normal ( big f***ing lie). im hoping its not some thing in the head.
could it be because i have to much oil (half inch more oil past the top hole.) or just cause my car has 30000 miles on it. help me out guys. this noise sounds like a timing belt when its loose, but its not the belt.

glw
01-03-2004, 12:05 AM
a trick i use is to get 4 foot (or longer) piece of vacuum hose and with your left hand stick and hold the hose into your left ear and then hunt for the sound with the other end of the hose held in your right hand. you'd be surprised at how well this works. the closer you get to the squeak that louder it'll get.

Si Death
01-03-2004, 12:27 AM
muahahah thats funny but im sure it works:D

mrfixit687
01-03-2004, 04:28 AM
its probably one of your belts, as long as the noise isnt too loud its normal

2.0L Monster
01-03-2004, 06:03 AM
When my car idles it sounds like it turns off.

STL-EP
01-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI

could it be because i have to much oil (half inch more oil past the top hole.) or just cause my car has 30000 miles on it.

A 1/2 inch on the dipstick could be a helluva lot of extra oil. I accidentally overfilled my 97 Camry by a quart and it sprayed oil out the dipstick all over the engine. The dealer's mechanic said I was lucky I didn't blow a seal on the oil pan, since the whole system is pressurized and will go over pressure with too much oil.

Why don't you drain out the extra oil and see if the noise goes away?

STL-EP

SiR_d1
01-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 2.0L Monster
When my car idles it sounds like it turns off.

same goes for my car. Is that good or bad?

DarkHatch
01-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Isn't a half inch about a quart? If it's that high I would drain the oil. I'm not sure if that's a huge deal, but I wouldn't take any chances.

myeverlovinsir
01-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Much too much oil, it should reside between the holes if anywhere. Start your car on a flat, let it warm up, shut it off, then wait 15 min. Take a reading.

Squeaking noise. If may be your drive belt. I've had mine on and off nearly a dozen times now. Each time it does a little different noise and each time I just spray the belt. The belt is auto-tensioned so I would not worry if it's too loose or too tight. Just the repetative sound of metal against rubber. Other than that, I would use the 4ft hose method. This is a great site for on-lookers and tuners alike!:D

2.0L Monster
01-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
same goes for my car. Is that good or bad?

It's the only thing I like about my vtec. Since we are running on 12 valves it gets quieter. :D