PDA

View Full Version : Armorall products.

TheMutt
01-05-2004, 08:03 PM
I happened to come across a free kit of armorall products to make your car look pretty. Wash soap, stuff to make your wheels shiny, stuff to make the tires all shiny, stuff for your windows, some wipes too. I used pretty much everything except the wipes cuz my inside is never that bad, and after about 2 days I had to wash my car again. It was horrible how dirty this stuff will make your car get. The soap sucked and I had to scrub for almost an hour to get everything off my car, when that was said and done I used their stuff on my wheels and tires. It's like turning your wheels into dirt magnets. My wheels got black stuff all over them, it was hideous. I had never felt bad before about my car being dirty, but this was just horrible. I know some of you are thinking "armorall is too make stuff look good, not to clean it" but I was under the impression that these specialized products wouldn't be so bad. But damn. My car was nasty. So I washed it all again this weekend, spent two hours making it nice shiny, vaccum, clean the windows, and it rains the next day.

I think the clean car gods hate me.

Peking
01-05-2004, 10:18 PM
I don't like their products, to greesy. God I remember being a little kid, and my dad using their crap on our cars. I didn't like it:p

Kis4KEN
01-05-2004, 10:55 PM
i do auto refinishing, but anyhow, when i was in school... learning this crap, my 2 teachers told me that "armor all" is the worst product you can use on your dashboard, moldings, plastic pieces, ...etc. because it makes your car look all shiny and wet for like 3 days, then it dries out... i guess it sucks the moisture out of plastic... thus far causing it to eventually crack. however, if you do like the super slippery steering wheel... interior, then i would recommend you to use meguiar's products. it might be a little bit more expensive, but then again, how much do you love your car?

SiR_d1
01-05-2004, 10:56 PM
that stuff makes your car way to shinny

younggotti266
01-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Kis4KEN
my 2 teachers told me that "armor all" is the worst product you can use on your dashboard, moldings, plastic pieces, ...etc. because it makes your car look all shiny and wet for like 3 days, then it dries out... i guess it sucks the moisture out of plastic...

I heard the same thing from my uncle

That's why I never use armor all, except on tires

BSEVEER
01-18-2004, 02:57 PM
I've been using it for about 20 years with no problems. I dont like the interior too greasy so I wipe it with a damp rag after putting it on, seems to work pretty good for me.:cool:

phantasia
02-07-2004, 08:54 PM
im straight up meguiar's for life, have like everything they make, damn im like a junkie needin a fix.

but back to armour all. NEVER EVER buy their window "cleaner" what a waste of cash that was. worst glass "cleaner" ever. all it does is smear, impossible to get off and it just SUCKS. all i ever use it for now is cleaning the headlights off of my '85 accord winter beater. its not bad for cleaning out 1/2 lb. of salt and winter road garbage off em, but for something u really love, like your EP, skip it!!!

Chinaboy
02-11-2004, 01:05 AM
juss say no to armor all....

dofu
02-11-2004, 02:36 AM
armor all makes pretty good all purpose cleaner wipes... i use em for the suede
i jus wouldnt ever use any of those dash shine crap... i liked thier dull finish one they had a while ago tho, even tho i cant find it no more

MyFlySi
02-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Like mentioned above, I remember reading an article from a cleaning company that said Armor-All uses a silicon based liquid that absorbs moisture from whatever it touches. Ever wonder what those little white packets are doing in the box for brand new shoes? It's silica beads (silica/silicon - see the similarity?) that absorb moisture to keep the shoes new. Everytime you put that on the dash or tires it pulls the moisture out of it. Eventually it'll dry them out like your lips on a dry windy day.

In truth, it's genious marketing. Apply, dry, apply more, dry, apply even more, dry again. Armor-All has no business around my car.