PDA

View Full Version : Ground Control Coilsprings?

hatchySi
01-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Are ground control coilsprings any good . I just bought some for my 03 ep I'm looking forward in to them. So please give me your opinions. thanx

Peking
01-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Yes they are, did you try a search? A few members here have um, pm YssSI. He is a member and has them.

CivicSiR
01-06-2004, 12:16 AM
I got 'em. They're great. If you're not getting full coilovers I'd definitely recommend them. But just like if you're getting just some springs, you still need to get shocks. So just remember that. I personally have Koni yellow ajdustables. There are a lot of people who don't know that these 'coilovers' utilize Eibach springs (and of course don't include shocks). They'll cost ya around 300-330 bucks, but you have the ability to raise and lower your car whenever you want. It's definitely something I've had to use from time to time... and if you ever enter your car in shows, you can drop the hell out of it and raise it back up right after. Keep in mind too, though, that there is some modification required to install these coilovers with aftermarket shocks (I can't personally explain what this modification is). Here's pic of my setup.

http://www.bretgorden.com/images/civicsi/civic4big.jpg

Btrthnezr3
01-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Not that it is completely relevent, but I have Ground Controls on my 4 door and have had them on for over a year paired with KYB AGX shocks and I love them. No problems with install/ride/reliability. Good choice when going with adjustable coils... :D