PDA

View Full Version : aem v2 cold air intake

nobike12
01-05-2004, 09:17 PM
has any one come across teh dyno's or any other information pertaining to the aem v2 cold air intake for our si's?

glw
01-05-2004, 09:29 PM
i've only seen the propaganda on the aem site and a few good comments about the v2 here from actual owners. a couple of horsepower either way - v2 vs cai vs sr. no big deal. the only thing stopping me from getting a v2 is there's no carb eo #. darn smog laws...

SiR_d1
01-05-2004, 09:39 PM
yeah im still waiting for an a actual dyno proving everything that AEM is stating

Silentplanet
01-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Well if it was the 18 or so hp that they claimed for the typeS, you can bet they would have posted the dyno numbers for our cars a long time ago. I bet it's somewhere around 5hp. But damn it sounds good...

Peking
01-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by glw
i've only seen the propaganda on the aem site and a few good comments about the v2 here from actual owners. a couple of horsepower either way - v2 vs cai vs sr. no big deal. the only thing stopping me from getting a v2 is there's no carb eo #. darn smog laws...

Propaganda is a good name for it.

glw
01-05-2004, 10:20 PM
dynos can be fudged a little anyways. were only talking a few horsepower either way... not gonna see the difference on a dyno from two different cars in two different locations anyways.

you need someone to independently dyno, install part, and dyno again all in the same day at the same shop within a short period of time... probably not gonna happen... and dynos probably don't show heat soak issues and the like...

here's an idea - buy one of each, do the dynos, and return the lowest performing ones... or you can buy whichever one you like - cai, v2, or sr (unless you are in ca - then buy the one that has a carb eo# :mad:)

Peking
01-05-2004, 10:38 PM
That is the best way to test, then you can really see what is better. Other than that when it comes to such parts as I/H/E alone don't make that much different from other brands IMO. Together they make a decent change. So go for what you like :D

Pikachu
01-06-2004, 05:31 AM
I am currently running the V2 and here is the dyno sheet that i can find http://www.tprmag.com/issue/1/1_intakes.shtml. I feel a little difference but i mean it is after all just an intake but if anyone is interested i am about to go boost and i have a V2 intake that will be for sale in about 2 weeks and also a high flow cat neither needed since going turbo if interested email me at pikachu@ffcollect.zzn.com

glw
01-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by glw
i've only seen the propaganda on the aem site and a few good comments about the v2 here from actual owners. a couple of horsepower either way - v2 vs cai vs sr. no big deal. the only thing stopping me from getting a v2 is there's no carb eo #. darn smog laws... just got off the phone with aem... the v2 has just been approved and has been given a carb eo#. he wouldn't tell me what it was unless i had a receipt. he said the units that have already been sold and the ones on shelves won't have the sticker, but the ones that ship out now will. you can call and get the sticker as long as you have a receipt for purchasing one.

AEM/DC Sports - (310)484-2322

glw
01-07-2004, 06:48 PM
if you didn't catch it in my last message it looks like dcsports and aem are in cahoots... they answered the phone aem/dcsports and their websites have the same address, phone, and fax...

aem also only shows the v2 for the ep3 and dc only offers the short ram and cai...

anyone heard anything about this? or am i just severely out of touch?

rook
01-07-2004, 08:02 PM
My V2 should be here by Friday. I have seen one installed and it looked damn good. GLW, thanks for all of the info on the Magnaflow. I got one based on what you had to say, and am very pleased. I am also one of the older members (36), but have always driven Hondas/Acuras since I was 16. Just can't bring myself to buy another brand.

rook

GrahamBo '02
01-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Yup, it looks like AEM bought DC.. I'm not sure what I think about that?

Here's the press:
http://www.aempower.com/press_events_detail.asp?aid=29

Notice the new logo on the dc sports page..

"DC Sports - an AEM proformance company"

:eek: