PDA

View Full Version : I'm a proud owner of an new 04 Si

quincy04si
01-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lerking around here for a while now. My girlfriend and I have wanted an Si for a while now and we finally got one last friday.

We traded in my 94 Accord EX with 198,000 miles and got a 2004 Nighthawk Black Si for $16,650.00 at a Honda dealership in Norwood, MA.

Now I have to get a second job for the mods
:'(

I really want the replica r-type spoiler and new 17" wheels (altough I like the stock ones a whole better than last year's model), but I think it will be a little while before I can save up enough. (The damn Si brochure and honda website are so missleading when they show the HFP package on the cars--but don't explain that it is an optional kit and not standard)

I'm not a skilled tuner and have never modified any of my cars. I owned an 84 Crx during the late 90's when I was in college as well as the 94 Accord and they got me addicted to the Honda brand.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and congratulate everyone on the great looking cars they have posted on this site.

02civicSI
01-05-2004, 10:38 PM
congrats and welcome to the site.

phatfreeza
01-05-2004, 10:41 PM
welcome! would you be interested in selling your side skirts?? ehhehe... good luck with your car! and happy modding :)

SiR_d1
01-05-2004, 10:42 PM
hello and welcome

Vertigo
01-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Welcome!! You must of done alot of hageling to get that price. Nice buy! Enjoy!

quincy04si
01-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
hello and welcome

Originally they wanted $19,000.00 and only wanted to give me $100 for my trade in. What a bunch of B.S. I love the SI, but it's not worth 19K.

I was at the dealership with my girlfriend haggling from 9:30 AM until 2:30pm when I rolled out in my new car.

I haggled hard though. At one point I think my salesperson must have got dogged on by his peers because he walked in the financing office (20 minutes after we had agreed on a final price) and interupted me to tell me that he was sorry but he was wrong when said that the floor mats came standard with the SI and wanted to charge me $89.00 for them. I bascially told him to go screw. He later on appolgized and included the mats saying that he didn't realize but the sticker shows that they are included. You just know he was trying hard to get a little more back.

My girlfriend also caught on that they were charging us 5% sales tax based on the $19,050 sticker price not the $16,650.00 on the bill of sale so they had to go back and fix that. I wonder if it was really a mistake or if they were going to keep the overcharged tax for themselves.

DavidT
01-06-2004, 12:18 AM
I'll tell you this, some of the dealers are just a bunch of liars. I took my mom and aunt to Yuba City Honda to look at the new Civic 4-doors for my aunt and when we went inside to talk numbers, the sales person brought out like 5 different invoices of what they paid for the Civic. It kept getting lower and lower each time. They were going to make us pay the $490 they paid to get the car delivered to them, I was like WTF the $490 is not just for that one Civic it's for the whole damn truck load of the cars they get. Then they wanted to remove the $300 "Pro" pack they added to drop the price down to $14,999 (Civic LX 4-door)...the salesperson brought out the manager who demanded my mom pay $15,300 for the car. I got my mom and aunt up and walked out, flipped the guy off and told him I'd kick his ass if he spoke to us in that tone of voice again. He asked me why I had to get voilent, I told him if I spoke to his mother in the same tone he spoke to mine, I'm sure he'd be just as upset...he shut up the rest of the time and didn't say a word as we walked out. Yuba City Honda in Yuba City, Ca SUCKS ASS. We went down further south and got the same car for $13.9k :D You just gotta keep trying, if the dealers want to sell they will sell :)

STP03BlueSI
01-06-2004, 06:31 AM
Congrats, and welcome!

Joker
01-06-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Congrats, and welcome!
Ditto, welcome to the family :cool:

StrangeShadow
01-06-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by DavidT
I'll tell you this, some of the dealers are just a bunch of liars. I took my mom and aunt to Yuba City Honda to look at the new Civic 4-doors for my aunt and when we went inside to talk numbers, the sales person brought out like 5 different invoices of what they paid for the Civic. It kept getting lower and lower each time. They were going to make us pay the $490 they paid to get the car delivered to them, I was like WTF the $490 is not just for that one Civic it's for the whole damn truck load of the cars they get. Then they wanted to remove the $300 "Pro" pack they added to drop the price down to $14,999 (Civic LX 4-door)...the salesperson brought out the manager who demanded my mom pay $15,300 for the car. I got my mom and aunt up and walked out, flipped the guy off and told him I'd kick his ass if he spoke to us in that tone of voice again. He asked me why I had to get voilent, I told him if I spoke to his mother in the same tone he spoke to mine, I'm sure he'd be just as upset...he shut up the rest of the time and didn't say a word as we walked out. Yuba City Honda in Yuba City, Ca SUCKS ASS. We went down further south and got the same car for $13.9k :D You just gotta keep trying, if the dealers want to sell they will sell :)
way to slap those guys around!:D
welcome quincy :)

SiGuy
01-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Just to clear something up. I'm a Honda salesperson in GA. First of all, we do NOT get paid 460 dollars for every truck of Hondas that comes in. WE pay the trucking company 460 dollars for evey Honda that rolls off that truck. The cars are not made at the dealership, the cars must be shipped, and that costs money(about 460 a car). I don't know when you went to this dealership, but as of now you cannot buy a 04 lx civic for 13900. Maybe a 03 that they can't seem to sell.Ifyou financed you should check your interest rate, if it was a selling price of 13900, I'm sure they more than made it up in interest. Apparently you hade a salesperson who did'nt know what the hell he was doing. Maybe they were trying to screw you, maybe they did? That is still no reason to threaten violence, not in a place of business anyway. I am sorry that you had a bad experience buying you Honda, it's supposed to be a good experience,it's a shame that some dealers fuck that up for you. Again, any of you out there that has any questions about the purchase of a Honda, pm me and I'll you without any of the bullshit.

savesteve
01-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Hello, Hello, Welcome to de site. Time for some I/H/E :)

DavidT
01-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by SiGuy
Just to clear something up. I'm a Honda salesperson in GA. First of all, we do NOT get paid 460 dollars for every truck of Hondas that comes in. WE pay the trucking company 460 dollars for evey Honda that rolls off that truck. The cars are not made at the dealership, the cars must be shipped, and that costs money(about 460 a car). I don't know when you went to this dealership, but as of now you cannot buy a 04 lx civic for 13900. Maybe a 03 that they can't seem to sell.Ifyou financed you should check your interest rate, if it was a selling price of 13900, I'm sure they more than made it up in interest. Apparently you hade a salesperson who did'nt know what the hell he was doing. Maybe they were trying to screw you, maybe they did? That is still no reason to threaten violence, not in a place of business anyway. I am sorry that you had a bad experience buying you Honda, it's supposed to be a good experience,it's a shame that some dealers fuck that up for you. Again, any of you out there that has any questions about the purchase of a Honda, pm me and I'll you without any of the bullshit.

We got a 03 over stock with 56 miles on the odometer, same color and everything as the one we found in Yuba City. We put 9k down and financed the rest at Honda's 1.9% financing. The salesperson at Yuba City was real cool, I liked the guy. But the manager is a straight up asshole. You wouldn't understand the situation unless you were there. If he spoke to your mother the way he did to mine, I'm sure you'd put your words in too. But who cares, we got a good car for a good price. The place where I bought my Si was so cool, didn't even hassle and just said sure when I offered $16,9. As far as I'm concerned, Yuba City Honda can suck it. I was so upset at the manager, maybe I need anger management or something but we've never been treated that bad anywhere, especially when they're trying to sell and we're trying to buy.

anjapower
01-06-2004, 04:50 PM
congrats man, you're prob. the first one with an 04 on this site. I'm from MA as well, we'll have to get a meet going soon, a lot of ephatch members from MA.

pLopSI
01-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by quincy04si
Originally they wanted $19,000.00 and only wanted to give me $100 for my trade in. What a bunch of B.S. I love the SI, but it's not worth 19K.

Wow, that's a load of crap. I hope u meant $1000 for the trade in. I had a 94 Civic EX coupe automatic that I traded in for my 03 SI. They offered 2200 for that. That civic I had was in crap condition. I can't believe the dealer offered u that little for an accord.

Bah... o wellz. U got ur 04 SI, I'm sure ur happy anyways now lol. I too am from MA. Good to hear more ppl choosing the right road by buying the SI, especially in MA.

And now... let's talk about selling ur 5 lugs ;) :D . hahaha jp. LET THE MODDING BEGIN!

StrangeShadow
01-06-2004, 08:54 PM
ohohoh let one of us jack! your 5lug then you just get a new one from insurance! :D ;) j/k

66elwood99
01-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Welcome to the site :D

It sickens me when I read what you guys and girls paid for your Si's. I was one of the fools that just had to have the first Si in 02 and got stuck paying sticker. To think of what mods Showstoppers could sell me with that 3 grand :'( Ohhhhh well no reason to cry over spilled cash ;)

Zero Three Si
01-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Ok, so what is the "TRUTH" about the destination charge? Should a person pay that when buying a new car. I've seen destinations charges from 300-600.

oogy-boogy
01-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey.....sup and welcome to the site.....Nice to see another fellow MA'er being added to the site.

#1 Rule - The search button is your friend. :D ;)

DarkHatch
01-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Welcome:D Post some pics:)

HondaMan
01-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Welcome! I think you are the first '04 EP here. Got pics of it?

quincy04si
01-08-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Welcome! I think you are the first '04 EP here. Got pics of it?

I could take pics but there's not much to look at right now. It's all stock. Plus i'm a little embarassed to show it cause it's filthy right now from all the little snow/rain storms we've had the past week (it doesn't help that it's black either).

This probably belongs in another forum, but how do the fellow northeners keep they cars clean in the winter? I'm kind of aprehensive about bringing it to a carwash because I don't want it scratched. I like to wash by hand but it's too damn cold out.

HondaMan
01-08-2004, 08:26 AM
I could take pics but there's not much to look at right now. It's all stock. Plus i'm a little embarassed to show it cause it's filthy right now from all the little snow/rain storms we've had the past week (it doesn't help that it's black either).

This probably belongs in another forum, but how do the fellow northeners keep they cars clean in the winter? I'm kind of aprehensive about bringing it to a carwash because I don't want it scratched. I like to wash by hand but it's too damn cold out.

Go ahead and take some pics...we don't care if it is dirty....we understand. My black EP is dirty right now as well, they are hard to keep clean.

I haven't seen any pics of a member's '04 EP here yet...you can be the first! :)

SiGuy
01-08-2004, 10:10 AM
I stand corrected. I'm glad to hear you did'nt get screwed, I hope you enjoy your Honda. I'll be here for you or anyone else who has questions about any Hondas. If anyone here is in the market for a Honda in GA or surrounding area I'd love to have your bussiness. No bullshit involved.

Penny
01-08-2004, 11:42 AM
You'll be a pissed off owner next year.

the JigGa mAn
01-08-2004, 11:56 AM
why is that penny? why is he gonna be pissed off next year?

StrangeShadow
01-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
why is that penny? why is he gonna be pissed off next year?
and please think before saying something like..."I heard the type-R was coming next year!"

quincy04si
01-08-2004, 02:27 PM
And again, even if it is coming, it's not like I would have been able to afford it anyway. So it's no a big deal anyway.

SiGuy
01-08-2004, 02:38 PM
I know that in '05 we are gonna a truck, a new odyssey and maybe a new sports car. But that's all Honda will say for now. If we do get a new sports car I'll bet it'll be a type R.

Penny
01-08-2004, 03:17 PM
I work at Honda, and yes they are brining Type R's next year. Our dealer ship already received videos and brochures, and the price is going to be around 21K to 23K.

CaTiRo
01-08-2004, 03:47 PM
they have to bring the type r over ... if they want to contend with the market, mazda just release a new mazda 3 to go against the civic but there is already a plan for a mazdaspeed 3 that will have a turbo and 200 plus hp. the new chevy cobalt is going to be out soon, with a 170 hp motor as its mid level engine, and a 200 plus for the ss edition. there even is a new focus developed with turbo thats is suppose to go after the evo and sti market. honda has too do something beside giving us a 160 hp car.

CaTiRo
01-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Penny
I work at Honda, and yes they are brining Type R's next year. Our dealer ship already received videos and brochures, and the price is going to be around 21K to 23K.

man it would suck to spend $19,900 for a 04 si and then a type r comes over for $21,000. and think about the people that buy the 04 and get that appearance package upgrade. talking about someone that would be piss!

SiGuy
01-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Are you sure? We haven't recieved anything on our end confirming that. But that dosen't mean anything. Damn, I got a 03 but it only cost 17k. I'm both excited and pissed. What dealership are you at and could you send me some of your info on the R.

pLopSI
01-08-2004, 04:36 PM

U = Asshat... unless u got a pic/scan of that brochure in English w/ an "American Honda Company" stamp on it, don't be saying things ilke that.

pLopSI
01-08-2004, 04:45 PM

Unless u garage ur car or don't drive, it's impossible to keep it clean from all the puddles n' leftover snow. I would recommend a touchless car wash but it does absolute crap on a white ep. I normally clean the car myself at home, but yea... it has been way too cold recently to go with that option. I did hand wash my car near the beginning of winter when it was like 40s out, n'that was a big mistake cause the water was ridiculously freezing. I had to pull my car into the garage to dry it off. But it was all good, I had the shiniest car on the road.

Penny
01-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey, I am not trying to argue with anyone I'm just letting you know the facts. Honda is bringing civic Type R to States next year, and there is nothing you can do about. I will get a copy of the dealership 05 civic Type R video, and will post it here.

00-ITR-373
01-08-2004, 05:36 PM
I hate to jump on the bandwagon here, but please post anything you have, or take pics of the video you have, otherwise, no one here will believe it.

DarkHatch
01-08-2004, 06:24 PM

No way!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :eek:

Penny
01-08-2004, 06:46 PM
I don

HondaMan
01-08-2004, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Penny
[B]I don

StrangeShadow
01-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Whatever, just put your money where your mouth is (so to speak) and shows us some proof!

Since you are a newbie here I will inform you that talking about the CTR coming here is a very touchy subject, so you will get flamed when saying such things with no proof to back it up.

I hope your right and you can post some proof...

and please think before saying something like..."I heard the type-R was coming next year!"
..here is a reason I said this pal...besides ppl have been saying the same thing for FOUR YEARS already...once those words come out of your mouth here, YOUR credibility is on the line...basically if you are wrong, or even if you are right but honda changes their mind and doesn't release this car...pretty much everything else you type here from then on means $#@&...:shrug: hope you're right for your sake. enjoy the site.

the JigGa mAn
01-09-2004, 12:51 AM
yeah..id like to see proof of this 05 video and other documentation you may have...

66elwood99
01-09-2004, 06:29 AM
Hey, I am not trying to argue with anyone I'm just letting you know the facts. Honda is bringing civic Type R to States next year, and there is nothing you can do about. I will get a copy of the dealership 05 civic Type R video, and will post it here.

Penny, I'm in Pa., where is your dealership? Are you a salesperson? If so, Put me down for "one" Preferably in "Red" I'll even pay for the floormats ;) How many are they sending over?

quincy04si
01-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by pLopSI
Unless u garage ur car or don't drive, it's impossible to keep it clean from all the puddles n' leftover snow. I would recommend a touchless car wash but it does absolute crap on a white ep.

I went to a touchless car wash yesterday. My girlfriend thought I was crazy because the temperature outside must have been like 15 degrees outside but I had to do it. It was killing me to see my brand new car so filthy. You should have seen how bundled up I was.
I didn't do that great of a job (I didn't give it the full water pressure and I refuse to use the brush they have) but the car looks a hell of a lot better now anyway.

I can't wait till it gets warmer out.

SiGuy
01-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Ok. Not to jump on the bandwagon and flame Penny. But I am a certified honda salesperson at a dealership near ATL GA. None of us here, or at any of our other dealerships have heard anything concrete on the CTR.I would think if any honda dealership has videos and brochures, we all would. Besides, why would anyone buy a type S when the CTR is pretty much the same car! But Honda is known for surprises and keeping secrets.

03 Si
AEM CAI
DC Sports 4:1 ceramic header

StrangeShadow
01-09-2004, 12:26 PM
WHERE IS THE NORTH AMERICAN HONDA BASE/MAIN-PLACE or whatever you guys call it? is there one?
they should know.
...if there isn't one...I would think the first to get a type-R would be NEW YORK or CALI...coastal port citis...after all, places like PA are just discovering euro/altezza lights...while the BIGGEST/NEWER market is on the coastline.

David K.
01-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by CaTiRo
they have to bring the type r over ... if they want to contend with the market, mazda just release a new mazda 3 to go against the civic but there is already a plan for a mazdaspeed 3 that will have a turbo and 200 plus hp. the new chevy cobalt is going to be out soon, with a 170 hp motor as its mid level engine, and a 200 plus for the ss edition. there even is a new focus developed with turbo thats is suppose to go after the evo and sti market. honda has too do something beside giving us a 160 hp car.

Whats this about the Focus? Ford is disbanding SVT until 2005 when the new Lightning will be introduced, and even then I read that they have no plans to continue with an SVT Focus, as they're trying to move SVT upmarket in general. All this is in the new Car & Driver, BTW.

As for the Type R rumors, they have been coming and going on this site forever, and they're always courtesy of some newbie who 99.999% of the time never backs it up. Proof please!

HondaMan
01-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
WHERE IS THE NORTH AMERICAN HONDA BASE/MAIN-PLACE or whatever you guys call it? is there one?
they should know.
...if there isn't one...I would think the first to get a type-R would be NEW YORK or CALI...coastal port citis...after all, places like PA are just discovering euro/altezza lights...while the BIGGEST/NEWER market is on the coastline.

American Honda Motor Co. headquarters is in TORRANCE, Calif.

Same place my company's US headquarters is located (Kubota Tractor Corp.). Japanese companies must like that location. :)

CaTiRo
01-09-2004, 02:12 PM
motor trend, feb 2004:
"svt says, it's dropping the slow-selling, low-margin svt focus from the lineup for 2005 ... if the svt focus does reappear in the future, it'll be a turbocharged car with power competitive with the sti and evolution.

sport compact car, august 2003
"caught testing in scandinavia was a prototype of the next generation of ford focus high-performance street machines .... which has all-wheel drive and a turbocharger on its zetec four to heave output to about 300 hp. expect both a six-speed transmission and a thick intercooler to be part of the package when this car hits euporean showrooms some time during 2005. will it make it to the u.s.? rumors are that svt's budget is under severe pressure and the svt focus is likely a goner" which means this will most likely replace it for the u.s. market as well.

pLopSI
01-09-2004, 09:50 PM
yea, penny... so how's uploading the video comin along? or wait... maybe it's cause u don't have it..

SpoonEP3
01-16-2004, 11:49 PM
the 2004 ep3 is a good car but i like the old one better

StrangeShadow
01-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by CaTiRo
motor trend, feb 2004:
"svt says, it's dropping the slow-selling, low-margin svt focus from the lineup for 2005 ... if the svt focus does reappear in the future, it'll be a turbocharged car with power competitive with the sti and evolution.

sport compact car, august 2003
"caught testing in scandinavia was a prototype of the next generation of ford focus high-performance street machines .... which has all-wheel drive and a turbocharger on its zetec four to heave output to about 300 hp. expect both a six-speed transmission and a thick intercooler to be part of the package when this car hits euporean showrooms some time during 2005. will it make it to the u.s.? rumors are that svt's budget is under severe pressure and the svt focus is likely a goner" which means this will most likely replace it for the u.s. market as well.
geez, even the fords are gonna be kicking our butts soon, not just the dodges

dofu
01-17-2004, 07:33 AM
wow... whats this? the type-r is comin over to the states again? i wish... i'd trade my si in so damn quick...

btw... lucky you for gettin five lugs instead of four and the new steering rack and all that good stuff... sorry for those headlights and taillights tho... but then again, they might start lookin better as this car ages like most new honda parts do. and welcome to the site

HondaMan
01-17-2004, 08:33 AM
quincy04si, still no pics to share with us?

I still haven't noticed any new members with a '04 Si with pics to show us (not including the '04 CTR guy). It would be cool to start seeing some pics of a member's '04 Si/SiR here.

SiGuy
01-17-2004, 08:51 AM
Who gives a shit if a 300hp focus is coming- it's still a FORD. Life span of no more than 100k miles, plus the foci are knowm for randomly bursting into flames!!!

todaCspec
01-17-2004, 01:12 PM
I don't know about a CTR for 05 but I know in Japan for 06 they will introduce the S1000, high reving 1.0 liter 120 hp front wheel drive convertible. Around 2000lbs or less, would make a great alternative to the S2000.Very good chance it will hit our shores here.

kuhlka
01-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Who cares if the Type-R ever comes to the USA. I'm one hell of a lot more impressed by someone who customizes and puts work into their car to make it their own than some jackass who bought their way into coolness. Just look at all the yuppie bastards riding Harleys nowadays. That company has turned into a bunch of money hungry fux and I no longer support poseur hog fashion. Bike-wise I'm in love with the Hayabusa and will eventually get my own Suzuki GSX-R1400 (Hayabusa) and pwn the road.

Back to the Type-R... I'm going to stick with my 03 si and after I pay it off I'm going to put into it a k20a with a supercharger and kick those ford jackasses up and down the street. I think with a new chip, cold air intake, catback exhaust, intercooler, lighter wheels, and having some practice in the SCCA I should be pretty kickass by then.

StrangeShadow
01-19-2004, 02:13 AM

I still haven't noticed any new members with a '04 Si with pics to show us (not including the '04 CTR guy). It would be cool to start seeing some pics of a member's '04 Si/SiR here.
there's an 04' ctr guy/gal around? hook me up with a link.

dofu
01-19-2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by kuhlka
Bike-wise I'm in love with the Hayabusa and will eventually get my own Suzuki GSX-R1400 (Hayabusa) and pwn the road.

sorry to change this topic... but... what??? the hayabusa comes with 1400ccs now? is that a new model? how much?

kuhlka
01-19-2004, 06:13 AM
lol, sorry I meant 1300.

quincy04si
01-19-2004, 11:44 AM

Sorry. I will try soon. It's been pretty cold and snowy/rainy around here ever since I bought my car so I realy haven't had a chance to take a picture.

Max
01-21-2004, 02:42 PM
they should know.

Hey StrangeFucker youre an idiot, PA and NJ got some of the badest civics and Integras. And next time think before you say some stupid shit like this.
Peace.

Max
01-21-2004, 02:44 PM
they should know.

Hey StrangeFucker youre an idiot, PA and NJ got some of the badest civics and Integras. And next time think before you say some stupid shit like this.
Peace.

kuhlka
01-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Rrrriiiight. So I guess 'non-coastal' places like Michigan (Detroit) and Ohio (Cleveland) are pretty podunk then eh? Even though the brand new Mustang is being manufactured in Detroit Rock City and we just had that huge auto expo with every auto manufacturer you can think of (minus a few euros) at the downtown convention center... I'll just eat my chili and go chop down a tree now since we're all a bunch of backward hillbillies up here in O-hayuh, lol.

1flySi2002
01-21-2004, 05:32 PM
lots of newbies posting in this thread

kuhlka
01-21-2004, 05:54 PM
What determines being a noob or not, number of posts? If so, I'll be a noob for a while because I make a point of not posting unless I have something to say, ask, or show.

StrangeShadow
01-24-2004, 09:53 PM
sorry for misunderstanding, marketing gentlemen, marketing.
Everyone knows where they're made, detriot is the motor cap of the world ;) and civics and tegs have been around for a LOOOOOOOONG time so I should hope the middle states have nice stuff too. Iwas reffereing to marketing, USUALLY, not ALWAYS, coastal cities and port cities are the first place....ask you econ/marketing proffs. dough :eek:

EPBlue
01-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Penny, You are full of yourself. There is No Type R anything coming anytime soon, So stop stirring the pot. When are people going to relize that dealers are just about the last people to know about the latest cars coming. So to verify this I called my old College Roomate/friend who works in Honda Marketing.Enough said!

kuhlka
01-25-2004, 02:10 PM
You'd think they would have had a type-R at the Detroit Auto Show since just about ALL the new models coming out are there including the brand new Acura NSX as well as concept models.
http://home.earthlink.net/~kuhlka/Images/pics/NSXfront.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~kuhlka/Images/pics/NSXside.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~kuhlka/Images/pics/NSXback.jpg

But no, just the plain old 2004 Si.
A funny thing though is that the shifter nob was stolen by the time I saw it!

Bicho6
01-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by anjapower
congrats man, you're prob. the first one with an 04 on this site. I'm from MA as well, we'll have to get a meet going soon, a lot of ephatch members from MA.

I second that meet... MA here too

Bicho6
01-25-2004, 04:47 PM
they should know.

by far the most ignorant comment i've ever read on here... please like PA are just discovering altezza... hopefully they will never discover altezza... Your statement might be true before the movie fast and furious.. but after that came over.. every has an understanding of some sort that stuff out there...

StrangeShadow
01-29-2004, 04:54 PM
But no, just the plain old 2004 Si.
A funny thing though is that the shifter nob was stolen by the time I saw it!
rofl

StrangeShadow
01-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Bicho6
by far the most ignorant comment i've ever read on here... please like PA are just discovering altezza... hopefully they will never discover altezza... Your statement might be true before the movie fast and furious.. but after that came over.. every has an understanding of some sort that stuff out there...
I corrected myself, if you'll read the rest of the posts, if I'm still incorrect I'll have no prb taking it back. =)
NOTE: I never bothered to watch F&F so I have no clue what they promoted, most posts I've seen claim it's nothing but unaccurate hollywood rice :shrug: uninformed, not ignorant. =)

DarkHatch
01-29-2004, 05:03 PM

NOTE: I never bothered to watch F&F so I have no clue what they promoted, most posts I've seen claim it's nothing but unaccurate hollywood rice :shrug: uninformed, not ignorant. =) [/B]

I don't think a description could get any more accurate:)

batboy02si
01-29-2004, 05:32 PM
ha ha ha. i use to sell hondas. then i got my concious back, and my si, hahaha. congrats

StrangeShadow
01-31-2004, 12:21 AM
so, any 04 owners have pics yet?

todaCspec
01-31-2004, 05:47 PM
so, any 04 owners have pics yet?

Screw pics, just go to your local stealership. They are on the showroom floor. Headlights look a bit out of place but would probably look better smoked like the CTR headlights. Car looks higher up but the wheel gap is less. Side skirts look decent but the front is missing a lip.

02civicSI
01-31-2004, 06:37 PM
who cares if the type r comes out? personally i wouldnt get one because (a) they wont look like the 02-03 type r's (b) i will mod it if i get it anyways so why pay money for type r when i am going to have fun modding my si? just my .02

djaaronk
01-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Hmmm...Penny sure is being awful quiet now...where is she??? Penny, do you actually have this video and if so can you upload it????

sigandstrat
01-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Noob here, I think we've been successful at hijacking the thread with talk of the CTR. Glad to see a site on such a dope ride. I want one more and more with every post I read. Anyways, to comment on the CTR, I work at a dealership in Southern Louisiana and I've heard nothing on the arrival of the Civic Type R. I do know that the truck is due out sometime this year. (check temple of VTEC)