PDA

View Full Version : eibach prokit and bump stop question

civic si hb
01-06-2004, 12:35 PM
well today i just got my prokit installed they left out and didn't install the yellow eibach bump stops. i called the shop when i got home and they said that i already had bump stops from the factory honda springs and they didn't look any different. i don't know if they were feeding me a line of BS or if this holds any truth. Does our cars have factory bump stops and if so why would eibach supply us with new ones with the springs if you could just use your old ones? should i have any concerns with what just happended or is it all good? thanks for any feedback

p.s. i don't know if this matters but i use
my car as a daily driver and have no
intentions to ever auto crossing it.

02SilverSiHB
01-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by civic si hb
well today i just got my prokit installed they left out and didn't install the yellow eibach bump stops. i called the shop when i got home and they said that i already had bump stops from the factory honda springs and they didn't look any different. i don't know if they were feeding me a line of BS or if this holds any truth. Does our cars have factory bump stops and if so why would eibach supply us with new ones with the springs if you could just use your old ones? should i have any concerns with what just happended or is it all good? thanks for any feedback

p.s. i don't know if this matters but i use
my car as a daily driver and have no
intentions to ever auto crossing it.
we do have bump stops front and rear, but the fronts are completely different...the yellow ones that eibach gave you...how many did they give you? two or four?

I would have them just in case, they probably gave them with the kit because of the lowered ride...some shops keep the stock bump stops on and just chop them in half.

Basically, eibach is the cream of the crop, imo, the supply them to make sure you have a smooth ride.

esmith13
01-06-2004, 01:33 PM
They gave you a pair of new REAR bumpstops.

They don't LOOK any different, but are made of a material slightly different. Basically, Eibach obviously thinks the bumpstops should be harder or softer than stock, their by making it softer or firmer at the very end of suspension travel - when your about to bottom out...

If your install is done, and I would cost you money to get the bumpstops changed out - don't worry about it. The only affect anything when you bottom out the rear - which on a pro kit will not likely ever happen. Keep them handy, and if you ever take out your rear shocks again for some reason - you can install them then ;)

Eric

civic si hb
01-06-2004, 09:28 PM
thanks for the detailed reply esmith13, the ride quality is much better with the prokit. i hardly doubt i will ever bottom out the springs since i do just daily driving and run the 1/4 mile a few times a year, but i'll keep them around incase i ever get new shocks.

r3p00c
01-07-2004, 06:25 AM
when audomatik and i installed my pro-kits, we didn't even bother with the 2 rear bump stops that eibach provided. they didn't even look like they would match up properly to how the factory ones looked. i've had them on for a good 2 months or so, and everything is fine. and yeah, i wouldn't ever worry about bottoming out with the pro-kits... its most likely not going to happen, unless you're driving like an idiot.

esmith13
01-07-2004, 07:05 AM
When I installed my Sportlines I noticed that the bumpstops were not exactly the same size as the originals and was concerned I was sent the wrong ones... I left the OEM ones on too, and then called Eibach about it later and was told they were correct for the car and were made larger on purpose. When I asked him what to do - he said it really didn't matter - just if I actually bottomed out it would feel a little harsher than if I used their bumpstops. Eibach's bumpstops are made with the intent that it is more likely you WILL bottom out so they are more durable and cushion the impact better. (Even tho they tell you you won't likely bottom out - it's just MORE likely lowered that you could versus when you're a 4x4 ;) )

Hope that eases your mind a bit ;)

I've also never bottomed out with the sportlines - and their lower.

Eric

seberONE
01-13-2004, 06:19 AM
i just tossed mine when i as done