PDA

View Full Version : Problem Solved!!

Fast02
01-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey guys-

Finally figured it out. I posted a short while ago on how to shut the air conditioning off while the defroster is on-no one knew. Here's how:

1) Car must be shut off
2) Turn all 3 knobs to the left
3) Depress both the recirc. button and a/c button at the same time
4) Hold buttons down about 5 seconds BEFORE starting car
5) Start car while holding those buttons down for about 5-7 more seconds. You'll see the a/c button flash about 3 or 4 times.
6) YOUR DONE!!

You can now defrost your car without the air conditioning on!!:cool:

Mugen_EP
01-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Please tell me you read this somewhere and didnt sit in your car for days trying different combinations to figure this out.:D :D

Great job! I always hated it when it was cold outside and I had to turn the defroster on it would freeze my ass off even more.

Fast02
01-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Please tell me you read this somewhere and didnt sit in your car for days trying different combinations to figure this out.:D :D

Great job! I always hated it when it was cold outside and I had to turn the defroster on it would freeze my ass off even more.

If I said I sat in my car for hours and figured it out would you believe me?;) :D

Jpax
01-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Weird, I found it here on the front page of this web site. Its a video

Click Here (http://www.ep3productions.com/pages/1/index.htm)

myeverlovinsir
01-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE

small world, good work PaXiE!

SiRman
01-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Thanks Pax:winkm: :banana:

C1V1C
01-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Good job in Figuring the defroster.

However, I still have an Issue with Fog and Icing inside the windshield. It's been really cold for the last few days and everytime I get into my car, the windshield starts forgging and sometimes I see a layer of ice on the windshield.

The defroster for the windshield (AC) should work fine, but It has to take a while for the engine to warm up. Is there any solution for this ? I am tired waiting inside the car for the fog to be gone.

Thanks

phatsi
01-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by C1V1C
Good job in Figuring the defroster.

However, I still have an Issue with Fog and Icing inside the windshield. It's been really cold for the last few days and everytime I get into my car, the windshield starts forgging and sometimes I see a layer of ice on the windshield.

The defroster for the windshield (AC) should work fine, but It has to take a while for the engine to warm up. Is there any solution for this ? I am tired waiting inside the car for the fog to be gone.

Thanks

pop your sunroof and put on the front defrost...even just a bit and you should be good....mine fogs too if i dont let the body heat out right away...;)

phatsi
01-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Fast02
Hey guys-

Finally figured it out. I posted a short while ago on how to shut the air conditioning off while the defroster is on-no one knew. Here's how:

1) Car must be shut off
2) Turn all 3 knobs to the left
3) Depress both the recirc. button and a/c button at the same time
4) Hold buttons down about 5 seconds BEFORE starting car
5) Start car while holding those buttons down for about 5-7 more seconds. You'll see the a/c button flash about 3 or 4 times.
6) YOUR DONE!!

You can now defrost your car without the air conditioning on!!:cool:

03's dont have the same light that goes on automatically...we are so much better...j/k!!!

VividDreams
01-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP

ive never had this problem, strangely enought, it actually seems to warm the car up faster if i have the blower and temp all the way up with the setting at full defrost, as opposed to having everything off and letting it warm up. and before anyone says anything, if you just have the fan on set to hot and set on a normal vent setting it will not act the same as in defrost mode(if im making any sense)

savesteve
01-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by phatsi
03's dont have the same light that goes on automatically...we are so much better...j/k!!!

Yeah my 03 dosn't do this either :)

blueiedgod
01-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by savesteve
Yeah my 03 dosn't do this either :)

Actually, Honda disableed the light because a bunch of people complained. So, when you set your dial to "Defrost" or "Feet/Defrost" your A/c still comes on, but the light does not. Go check it out, start the car up, set the dial to "defrost" and look at the A/C cluch, it will engage as long as the temp outside is above 40

Jpax
01-07-2004, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by blueiedgod
[B]Actually, Honda disableed the light because a bunch of people complained. So, when you set your dial to "Defrost" or "Feet/Defrost" your A/c still comes on, but the light does not. Go check it out, start the car up, set the dial to "defrost" and look at the A/C cluch, it will engage as long as the temp outside is above 40

phatsi
01-07-2004, 06:22 PM
If mine turns on, I turn it off. with the push of a button.

now...let me get this right, you just, push the button when the light is on.....and then....it just, goes off??!! Wow...is this in the DIY or did you do a search??!!:D :D ;)

shimmy_yaz
01-08-2004, 06:04 PM

How long did it take you to find this ever so helpful site you speak of? :p

Dunrick
01-08-2004, 07:46 PM
this was my first MOD

thx to pax0rrz