PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Greddy?

LaxSi
01-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Alright Alright i know that everybody has been on this subject plenty of times and i know that everybody is probably sick and tired of it! ! !

Greddy kit are make with the Mistu. turbos and they don't include the VAFC II ,BOV , Boost Contoller and the most imporant thing THE INTERCOOLER! ! !

Now i have contact GREDDy and they have said they don't half to use the intercooler but it would work with the BOV and boost controller.

I already have the a VAFC II to control the air/Fuel and the vtec.
And i all Need is the boost but i was wondering if it was best to wait and get the cybernation kit and i know all the peeps in MD went Cyber! ! ! Greddy is the cheapest and i am leaning towards it because i like to keep the engine i have now and not boost some much that i blow something

PLEASE HELP GUYS!!!!

02SilverSiHB
01-06-2004, 06:41 PM
sounds like you might want the greddy kit to me...if you don't expect to be boosting really high and just want an easier install that is less permanent then greddy is the way to go imo. CN will probably give you more power of course, but it also requires no cat.

I'd also sell that VAFC to someone and let the emanage to it's job..then use that extra money to get a bov and boost controller

beansbear
01-06-2004, 06:42 PM
whoa...
ok...
u will throw out the VAFC because the unit comes with the emanage unit.
other than that i don't know what you are asking.

I love my greddy kit... be sure to get the intercooler.

02SilverSiHB
01-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by beansbear

other than that i don't know what you are asking.

LOL, yeah, I had to read it a few times....half....have...make...made

LaxSi
01-06-2004, 08:22 PM
So whats up guys ? Your pretty much saying that i don't need the VAFC II? because i do have one thinking i would be running that with the turbo.

02SilverSiHB
01-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by LaxSi
So whats up guys ? Your pretty much saying that i don't need the VAFC II? because i do have one thinking i would be running that with the turbo.
think about it...why would you need one when the greddy emanage is setup and tuned for maps, a/f settings, etc...you don't need it...why fix something that isn't broke? you'd spend more money on the dyno tuning with the vafc than with the greddy. sell it and buy something else you want like the boost controller, gauges, bov w/flange...etc.

LaxSi
01-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Has anybody bought and ran a greddy kit? and what is the max HP u got with how much boost?

02SilverSiHB
01-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by LaxSi
Has anybody bought and ran a greddy kit? and what is the max HP u got with how much boost?
LOL! you're kidding right...not trying to be an ass..really I'm not, but open your eyes!..there's a post down a few about the greddy...specifically from ep_nezay who has the greddy with the ic...as does beansbear...also super_si has it but without the ic.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22167