PDA

View Full Version : is this normal for -7 out in the morning

siver-SI
01-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Well it is a little cold out today and it was a nice -7 this morning when I started my car and it made me come up with a few questions if this is normal with are car.

First when I turned on my car I pushed down the cluch and stated her but when I let off the cluch the pedal did not move and then it came up very slowly. Is this normal?

Also when the cluch fully came up my RPM's dropped by over 500 rmps.
Is this normal?

Then after letting it warm for over 5 min I went to drive about the barn and just trying to get it into gear was a problem because it felt like I was trying to move my shifter through thick mud. When I did get it in gear the cluch still was sticking. So got to the shop did anouther 5 min to warm and got into the car. The shifter was a little better butt still very stiff and the cluch still was sticky. It look about 5 more min of driving to get the cluch working some what right to were it would at least come up slowly and just not hang there. Was about 15 min into the drive before the cluch was working right again.
Is this normal?

I am just wondering since I am having the trans problem if this is a sign that is showing the slave cylinder is going out and causing the trans problem.

hernameis?
01-06-2004, 06:38 PM
nah i live in lake effect central.. it does the same thing on mine. I just go out 10-15 minutes and blast it with heat.. usually is all better by the time I get in her.

Gs02SiR
01-06-2004, 06:44 PM
My car does the same thing. I posted a similar question last year when temperatures were dropping like crazy. My car did the exact same thing today when I left it outside all day. I wouldn't worry about it. Cold weather sucks.

Later
G

siver-SI
01-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks. All my other sticks are race cars so they do not get out till it is around 60-70 minimum for track temps so I have never had to deal with this cold and a stick before.

aerial
01-06-2004, 06:59 PM
i do no not think is normal i been driven for long time stick shift diferent cars n this do not hppen here is cold chicago n i do no not have this problem other wise will be pissed

Gs02SiR
01-06-2004, 07:25 PM
I believe it is related to the fact that our clutch is actuated by a hydraulic pump.

This is a post I made about a year ago.

Previous Thread (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23081)

phatsi
01-06-2004, 07:27 PM
it was -9 this morning and the si started like a champ...my clutch was normal but the shifter was slow...its just so cold...if you want that to go away then change the tranny fluid and replace it with redline tranny fluid...on my integra it made a huge difference...it was not slow at all, it was always the same like in summer, easy and quick shifts...;)

aerial
01-06-2004, 07:30 PM
u try to say is normal did u find out w dealer or what

aerial
01-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by phatsi
it was -9 this morning and the si started like a champ...my clutch was normal but the shifter was slow...its just so cold...if you want that to go away then change the tranny fluid and replace it with redline tranny fluid...on my integra it made a huge difference...it was not slow at all, it was always the same like in summer, easy and quick shifts...;)

well yea thas normal the stick gets litle hard when cold but as isaid to other guy clutch do not have to do wht he is sayin

Zero Three Si
01-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Mine was fine...but then again I park her in a garage.