PDA

View Full Version : wilwoods!

johnnydanger
01-06-2004, 08:49 PM
i finally got my wilwoods.... check this out. a friend of mine works at race car suspension plant and he gets these things at his price (wholesale)...

i had an alpine dvd player i was trying to sell...
he wanted one...
i had a c/f splitter i was trying to sell...
he wanted one...
get the picture?
straight trade with stainless steel brake lines too... as soon as they're on, i'll take pics...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ocelaris
01-06-2004, 10:27 PM
That's hot to death, Jealous :) :D :)

chubbychu
01-06-2004, 11:07 PM
are these the rotor or calipars? how much does he get them for?

johnnydanger
01-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
are these the rotor or calipars? how much does he get them for?

the whole thing, rotors/calipers/brake pads/stainledd steel lines/hardware... as far as a price. he paid $570 for it all before we traded i think...

02civicSI
01-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by johnnydanger
the whole thing, rotors/calipers/brake pads/stainledd steel lines/hardware... as far as a price. he paid $570 for it all before we traded i think...

is this just for the front brakes?

Ocelaris
01-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Do the wilwood calipers have a larger internal volume than the stock civic ones? Just wondering how the clamping force changes with them. Definetly give us a heads up when you get them on, tell us how they feel. Pics too would be sweet, installed and just the parts :) hehehehehehe

chubbychu
01-07-2004, 08:51 PM
they fit with stock rims right?!

Quicksilver
01-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
they fit with stock rims right?!

Nope. (Not on the 02-03 at least) 16" rims minimum, preferrably with 37mm offset or so. These are for the front brakes only. Go to Raves & Reviews for a couple of writeups and pictures (if they're still there).

johnnydanger
01-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Ocelaris
Do the wilwood calipers have a larger internal volume than the stock civic ones? Just wondering how the clamping force changes with them. Definetly give us a heads up when you get them on, tell us how they feel. Pics too would be sweet, installed and just the parts :) hehehehehehe

as far as i know, yes they do... being that they're 4 piston calipers, they have a stronger clamping force (obviously) i'm just hoping they aren't so touchy that i'll hit abs all the time... lol and as soon as they're on i'll take pics too...

Quicksilver
01-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by johnnydanger
i'm just hoping they aren't so touchy that i'll hit abs all the time...

Don't worry about the ABS. It takes me quite an effort to hit it, but I am running 205 series 17s which should help over the stock all-season tires. About the first 50% of the pedal should feel like stock. After that, it's a progressively faster stop.

icegrill
01-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Thats a sweet deal, Are they willwood lines? Post pics of the setup before install!:D

mental
01-07-2004, 10:00 PM
have fun... but be care ful wilwoods wear out fast!!!! realllllly fucken fast

Ocelaris
01-08-2004, 01:20 AM
what part wears out??? pads hopefully... why would the calipers, lines, etc... wear out? unless you damage them... shouldn't good maintenance mean long life? or are upgraded top notch 4 piston calipers more prone to failure just because...? I can understand rotors and pads wearing out with increased clamping force, but shouldn't the calipers be at least 10 years between replacements, given good maintenance?

They shure are perty :o)