PDA

View Full Version : need to vent

plpong893
01-06-2004, 09:21 PM
first of all this is a bash on showstoppers. I will still by 90% of my stuff from them bc chuck is awesome. but damn that shipping company... i ordered my kit and hood on the 12 of december the hood has been found should be here friday but the kit is still missing... must be on someones car between cali and jersey atleast thats me and chucks guess. man this sucks.. mostly sucks bc as most of u know my car has a nice dent in it from getting hit at school, so my body shop guy(my best friends dad) said he could include the painting of the kit in the price so im getting it sprayed for free. now i just got to wait and look like shit.

sorry guys just needed to vent a little

joe

shimmy_yaz
01-06-2004, 09:52 PM
i hope you meant this is NOT a bash on showstoppers. From your comments it seems chuck was very nice as he always is.

plpong893
01-06-2004, 09:57 PM
yeah i meant not a bash, chuck has been great! he is always like let me call these guys and get right back to you. and he always did. im not mad at them they are great and i will be doing a bunch more ordering with ss. i just ordered my hks which is gonna be here friday according to the tracking
:D

Vertigo
01-07-2004, 03:01 AM
I believe all of the prices quoted and those on thier website have the shipping included in the price. Because of this they most likey ship the cheapest route possible(ie: 3-5 day ground). I'm 2000 miles away from them and it takes just over one week for me to recieve the parts i order. I'm sure whenever you order your parts, tell them you want express shipping. It should cost just a bit more. On large items, such as hoods and body kits, can only be shipped ground. Plus, UPS sucks in my area!

STP03BlueSI
01-07-2004, 05:48 AM
Yea shipping sometimes does suck from Cali..i know that somewhere there is a Skunk 2, and a Spoon Sport Rad cap on someones car..but Chuck got it fixed! (Damn USmail)
:(

Type X
01-07-2004, 06:13 AM
i have ordered tons of stuff from chuck
gota be over 4-5k to date :cool:

depends on how its shipped on when i get it

usps = usually quick
ups = usually slow
fedex = usually week
old dominion trucking = freight so 10-14 bus days

thats all from chuck

honestly when i order unless i am in a SUPER need
i just wait it out
but if i DO need it i pay for quicker shipping

but i know chuck wouldnt screw me so i dont lose sleep at night :cool:

chuck = thumbs up

03silverEP
01-07-2004, 08:56 AM
everyone here acts as if there is only one shop that can get parts for our cars, if you guys would look around more, you'd get your mods (that you paid good money for) cheaper and faster...just my $.02....

fsugatorbait
01-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by 03silverEP
everyone here acts as if there is only one shop that can get parts for our cars, if you guys would look around more, you'd get your mods (that you paid good money for) cheaper and faster...just my $.02....

Then would you mind sharing all these places you've found that are cheaper with us?

Graywolf
01-07-2004, 09:54 AM
ShowStoppers #1

oogy-boogy
01-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Then would you mind sharing all these places you've found that are cheaper with us?

2-dat...:D

plpong893
01-07-2004, 10:15 AM
hood and exhaust came in today! so i feel better... body kit chuck is taking care of for me... and showstoppers is the cheapest and i shopped around. they are cheaper plus they are easy to talk to. dont have be be on hold for half hour like nopi.

HondaMan
01-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait

Yeah, clue us in wise guy! If you find a better place that (more or less) caters to EPs like SSUSA I would be very surprised!!! :rolleyes:

SSUSA, Chuck and Rocky are da best period!

MolonLabe
01-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Don't blame the cook because the stupid waitress brought your steak to the wrong table. Anyway, this cook will make sure you get your steak, it just might take him a little time to cook you another one if he has to.