PDA

View Full Version : dirty muffler tips?

IIx 03 EP xII
01-06-2004, 09:34 PM
i got a magnaflow installed by a friend of mine not too long ago. and my muffler tips have been getting really dirty after just a day of driving to school and back. is this normal? or did he install it wrong? is there anything i should check? he has done most of the engine work on his classic se-r so i trust him... but im just too cautious.

jandetuning
01-06-2004, 09:49 PM
It's normal. Most Hondas run a little rich. You will have some residue that will burn out of the exhaust, but the black will not go away. Just clean them regularly.

Rey
01-06-2004, 10:41 PM
ditto

I was thinking of getting a short ram intake with a tornado in it to hopefully to get more air in the engine to make up for the extra fuel

SiR_d1
01-06-2004, 10:45 PM
its normal. My stock exhaust use to get black just in couple of days after I cleaned them

Si4U2NV
01-07-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Rey
ditto

I was thinking of getting a short ram intake with a tornado in it to hopefully to get more air in the engine to make up for the extra fuel

two things... 1) the tornado is a piece of crap, i heard that fins break off and get sucked into the IM... and 2) if you use the tornado (or any free-er flowing intake product) it wont lean (or stoich) anything out, your ECU should automatically compensate and add the correct amount of fuel to keep the A/F ratio the same if not similar...

-Mike:winkm:

Btrthnezr3
01-07-2004, 06:42 AM
The exhaust on my 4 door gets very dirty after just a day of driving and sometimes if I wait a while to wash it, the dirt seems stuck on...my solution for this has been to use CLR (Calcium Lime and Rust) that you can find at Walmart, Home Depot, etc. This stuff works wonders to take of corrosion/residue off of mufflers and other things. Simple Green is also another good product. Nothing like a nice shiny muffler! Put the glare in their eye as you pass...Bling Bling You Lost!!