PDA

View Full Version : at Honda service dept now

pLopSI
01-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Well I'm sitting here waiting at Honda North for my parents to pick me up cause their 02 CR-V had 3 safety recalls. Luckily they had computers w/ internet acces for customers to use and I could use it to wander ephatch.com. As I was talking to the service rep who helped me, I asked him about the crunchy n' resistant gears in my car. He told me that the TSB hasn't released that problem for our cars yet (specifically the 03 SI). He said it was a pretty common problem in the 99-00 SI. But he said that they'd be glad to make an appointment to "diagnose" the problem and see if they can fix it. The guy I talked to also has an 03 SI and he had the same problem as well as another guy he's talked to. So I'll be making another visit to Honda Service early next week. I'm glad I talked to a service rep who owns an ep himself rather to some other asshat Honda service rep. But I can't give full positive feedback till they actually decide to fix my car. *crossing fingers*:(

STP03BlueSI
01-07-2004, 12:47 PM
i took mine in..they told me that it is normal :confused: . I hear alot that people Dont have problems but others do?

pLopSI
01-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
i took mine in..they told me that it is normal :confused: . I hear alot that people Dont have problems but others do?

Yea, I called in a few months ago asking about the same problem and the guy told me that it was normal also. But I'm hearing otherwise from this guy I spoke to.

dj addicted
01-07-2004, 01:05 PM
see.. I honestly dont think I have a problem with mine. I have an 03 with 20K miles on it.. I havent had any problems with the tranny at all.. Maybe I got one of the lucky ones or something. Of course.. it could be doing it, but Im so used to it now I dont notice it

Bificus
01-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Yep I went last week to have my crunchy shifting looked at. It miraculously disappeared and they sent me home. Well worked flawlessly until tonight and I could not get it into first 3-4 times on the way home from work tonight. Feels very resistant to going into gears. Dang now I have to take it back. :yellm:

icegrill
01-07-2004, 09:36 PM
I have no odd shifting on my 03' with 3600 miles it's driven in cold weather very smooth no noise or resistance whatsoever. :confused:

FCobra94
01-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Are you guys refering to the resistence felt when trying to get into first gear? I get that when I'm slowing down and it won't let me go back into first, sometimes forcing me to start out in second at about 5 mph or so.

Anyone else get that?

younggotti266
01-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by FCobra94

Anyone else get that?

yes...

Took mine in about 2 weeks ago and they said they
found nothing wrong ...bla bla bla crap crap....

hopefully it just goes away or just happens more frequently
so they can actually witness it...

freidaddy
01-08-2004, 02:03 PM
there was times that I had that problem, but not any more. I've got 54k on my ride.

PeteSan3
01-08-2004, 05:59 PM
I've noticed that its hard to get any car in first gear if your not at a complete stop. I don't think its really a problem, but maybe I'm not experiencing the problems you guys speak of.