PDA

View Full Version : test drove 04

rs_1101
01-07-2004, 03:17 PM
yea ya heard me. i did it.

i wanted to see how much diff my mods made and if the new ones are different.
the o4 i drove felt very sluggish compared to my ep. transition from stop to roll.. i almost stalled my shish. lol. that and the stock one makes NO power above 4k.

okay well the ride was smoove like mine used to be.. suspension does feel alittle different. alittle smoother somehow.

the big difference is the driveline. the shifter feels VERY tight. you can feel the shift gates much more, and it feels smaller like the s2k shift does. couldnt open it up enough to give the 2nd gear problem a run, but the changes in the driveline, imo, is honda admitting it kinda screwed up.. alittle ;)

aite thats all i gotsta say

BlasTech
01-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Did Honda ever mention any changes to the driveline? I though they only updated the CTR flywheel.

Siman
01-07-2004, 10:12 PM
even if they did change the drivetrain a little bit, they wont admit it. Because us 02-03 guys would want a warranty claim! LIKE I DID!!

rs_1101
01-08-2004, 09:14 AM
naw i even asked some of the techs and they said they thought they heard about driveline changes. all i know is that the shifter feels completely different. i compared it to the s2k shifter. it feels much more .. precise and less notchy. for me, the 03 feels loose and notchy for a shifter

djaaronk
01-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Cool...I've been waiting for the '04s to finally get to San Diego so that I can test drive too. I hope they did do some upgrading to the driveline even if they don't admit it. I picked up an '01 Civic Ex coupe when they first came out and have had suspension trouble since day 1. I've been fighting with Honda for almost three years to get something done with my car and I have finally given up...now I think I may just trade it for an '04 Si.

fsugatorbait
01-08-2004, 10:05 AM
I saw one 04 sittin out in front of one of my local dealerships the other day and stopped to take a look, unfortunately the dealership was closed so i couldnt take a test drive. Im definately gonna try to back there now to see how much different it is.

Originally posted by djaaronk
now I think I may just trade it for an '04 Si.

Go for it, you definately wont regret it.