PDA

View Full Version : Registration Info For Our Gingerman Raceway Lapping Day , South Haven Michigan...

JSIR
01-07-2004, 09:29 PM
For anyone in the midwest region around Michigan, just want to post about our Gingerman Raceway event , to be held June 21st, 2004 ,(Monday). Registration is now open. If anyone wants to attend please contact me and I will get you registered. We had fair number of ephatch members inquire about the event in the early fall months, so just posting to let them know its open for registration.

If interested please email me at jmazz10435@aol.com . Cost is $70 US, includes a full day of lapping , T shirt, chance to win door prizes , and trophies. Driving instructors available to give high speed driving advice as part of the event. There are four groups lapping for 15 minute heats every hour from 9 am to 5pm, lots of track time , more than enough. Gingerman Raceway is considered to be the safest track around , located in South Haven Michigan, about 2 hours east of Chicago, 3 hours west of Detroit, approx. . You can view the track at www.gingermanraceway.com. . Newbies welcome, in fact this is likely the best event for persons without track experience. All you need is a helmet and a vehicle in proper working order.

If anyone is serious about attending please email me asap, this event will likely be filled up very soon . You can pay by paypal, credit card, check or money order. Post-dated checks accepted where you can date the payment for a later date if needed. If you have any questions please contact me . Hoping to have an increased number of EP's at the event this year.

thanks. look forward to some ephatchers attending.

Joey

myeverlovinsir
01-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Sign me up Joey. I intend to put the kybosh on your SRT-4!:D

Type X
01-07-2004, 11:04 PM
if this is gonna be some big thing
than i will roll

lemme contact a friend of mine that does road racing with this 98 itr powered coupe :)
maybe we will roadtrip out there:D

only 768 miles

myeverlovinsir
01-07-2004, 11:10 PM
than i will roll

Um, yeah. This is the 4th year running. I took almost 500 pics from last year. It's all good. There is every type of modded honda and assorted rides for eye candy in full stride. Hope to see you there.

chet
01-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Email has been sent. I definitely can't wait to attend. I will hopefully have a good amount of auto-x warmup in Spring and will be ready for some serious track running, haven't had the opportunity to actually run on a track yet.

JSIR
01-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Type X
than i will roll

lemme contact a friend of mine that does road racing with this 98 itr powered coupe :)
maybe we will roadtrip out there:D

only 768 miles

I dont know about a "big thing" but it is very popular, and 4 years running now. Its a clean run event, strict rules, good organization, very safe event. One of the best deals going for what you get, not many events priced under $150 these days. NYC would be a long trip, its 5 hours each way for me. Its not too far from Chicago if you want to make a real trip of it and hang out in Chicago.

Chet, got your email, no problem. You'll enjoy it.

Myeverlovinsir, as long as you dont show up with boost I should be fine ;)

Joey

JSIR
01-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Here is some hotel information for those that need rooms. Its in South Haven Michigan, its the closest hotel to the track (about 2 miles away) , nice hotel, safe parking area. Hotel phone number is 269-637-8800.

Cost is $80.10 US per night, which is less than the advertised price. This applies to Sunday night, Monday night and any weekday after that. If you arrive on Saturday the rate is higher, most of us arrive Sunday though.

The rooms are booked under a confirmation number. If you wish to have a room there call up the hotel and give them the confirmation number. They are to switch the rooms from my name into yours. A fews before the event I have to cancel any unused rooms. Be sure to refer to the confirmation number to get a discount, or you will pay the regular rate.

The Confirmation number is: 61896095 , event name is ClubSi, my last name is Mazzotta, but the confirmation number is pretty much all you need. All rooms are non-smoking as of right now, they may be able to switch if you call early enough. I believe they are with two double beds as well. but discuss that with them when you call.

There is also camping at the track for really cheap, contact the track for info. a week before the event, the info can be found at www.gingermanraceway.com.

hope this helps.
thanks
Joey

EP3_DC5
01-08-2004, 05:11 PM
So how many people are going to be attending for sure?
Myself along with tansi have sent our money in and are on the list to go. So there will be at least 1 ep3 there.
Add yourself to the list if you plan on going.

1)EP3_DC5
2)tansi

JSIR
01-08-2004, 05:17 PM
myeverlovinsir (Glen) will show up, Chet (Chet) will be coming, Dynaspeed (Bob) is attending, Civicsista (Tracy)should be there. Siver-Si is thinking about it if he can work out his schedule. Got a few other ephatch members who said they were coming as wel. I just revived an old post in the midwest forum where another five or so EP's were listed as wanting to attend. Hopefully they all see these posts and take the time to register before the event fills up. I'm thinking about 10 EP's should be there when all said and done. hopefully more. We have at least 15 RSX's attending, so the k20 will be well represented.

Joey:)

Type X
01-13-2004, 04:35 PM
paypal sent

i = in

JSIR
01-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Type X is in the house !

Joey:eek:

chet
01-14-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Type X
paypal sent

i = in

Holy shit!! Type X is coming to play. Excellent, I can't wait to see who all shows up.

BTW, Joey, Paypal has been sent.

Type X
01-14-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by JSIR
Type X is in the house !

Joey:eek:

yep :)

please watch out for the crazy ny'er on the track:D

BrokenLimits
01-14-2004, 08:29 AM
Paypal is sent and I am in as well...

eggsi
01-14-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm in, so how do i get there from Elkhart, IN (about 2 hrs southeast of Chicago)

JSIR
01-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by eggsi
I'm in, so how do i get there from Elkhart, IN (about 2 hrs southeast of Chicago)

there are maps at their website www.gingermanraceway.com . Basically it is northeast of Gary IN, maybe a 1/2 hr or less due north of Benton Harbour and ST Josephs MI, not far from Kalamazoo right on the lakeshore of Lake Michigan. It is directly across the lake from Chicago. eggsi did you register with one of the organizers ?

thanks

Joey

JasonS1
01-14-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm definetly considering it. I'm near Cleveland, OH though, and I'd like to get some other local guys to come along.

Or, if anyone that lives between here and there wants to meet up and cruise up there in formation, let me know.

I'll talk to the guys from this area and let you know for sure.

Sounds like a great time though!

This is a car-only event, right? If not, I'd love to bring my bike as well.

- Jason

eggsi
01-14-2004, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JSIR
[B]there are maps at their website www.gingermanraceway.com . Basically it is northeast of Gary IN, maybe a 1/2 hr or less due north of Benton Harbour and ST Josephs MI, not far from Kalamazoo right on the lakeshore of Lake Michigan. It is directly across the lake from Chicago. eggsi did you register with one of the organizers ?

not yet, but i will soon.

how do i quote someone correctly :o

JSIR
01-14-2004, 03:45 PM
not yet, but i will soon. [/B][/QUOTE]

Eggsi, contact me asap at my email address, I might be able to squeeze you in but things are very tight. registration is pretty much closed as we have filled up all the spots. I can't guarantee space to anyone else as things have filled up extremely quick this year. let me know.

Joey

eggsi
01-14-2004, 03:51 PM
i thought this was in june, i was going to try and get some friends to go but they are not sure yet.

Type X
01-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by JasonS1
I'm definetly considering it. I'm near Cleveland, OH though, and I'd like to get some other local guys to come along.

Or, if anyone that lives between here and there wants to meet up and cruise up there in formation, let me know.

I'll talk to the guys from this area and let you know for sure.

Sounds like a great time though!

This is a car-only event, right? If not, I'd love to bring my bike as well.

- Jason

well jason
i am going to leave the friday night before gingerman to drive to OSU
than crash with Brokenlimits sat night and leave thre on sunday
i dunno if you wanna set something up with meetinus there OR if thats out of the way for you?
just lemme know when its close to the date and we will set it up
i am doing that stop over which is a LITTLE outta my way
but its a 770 mile drive ONE WAY 4 me :)

so i wanna try to break i up so i am not exhausted for the actual event:D

BrokenLimits
01-14-2004, 06:44 PM
I dont mind having a small get together Sat Night if anyone is intersted plenty of space to crash here...

k20whiteboi269
01-14-2004, 08:05 PM
JSIR,
i just want to make sure you guys have me signed up. not sure how many spots are left. i talked to mike pendolla and im gonna drop off the money to him at the end of week. i havent had time with classes this semster just starting. i hope im not too late. im looking forward to this event.

also ill give out my cell number, in case anyone wants to meet up in kalamazoo or in south haven the weekend of the event. i live in this area so i may be able to find some parties or something going around here.

dustin

k20whiteboi269
01-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by eggsi

well u take state rd 13 north to us12. head west to us 131. take a right and head north on us 131 through three rivers on your way to kalamazoo. you will hit kalamazoo and u will need to take exit 86b i think. its m43 (west main) follow exit towards south haven. stay on m43 untill you arrive in south haven. its not really hard to find. also im gonna be in mishawaka this saturday as im driving from detroit to chicago. maybe ill see ya around. we should meet up down there. most of my time spent there is at pcnet visiting my boys from detroit. its on grape rd right after basney honda :)

JSIR
01-14-2004, 08:49 PM
k20whiteboi, that is good if you spoke with Mike as I am completely full and cant take any more people.

eggsi and Jason1, I cant say that I can fit you guys in the event the way things have filled up in the last 24hours. I may have to put you on a waiting list . We are over our limited space . I wish we could take more guys but things are jam packed as it is. Lots of room for spectators who want to come up and watch just tight on track space.

I will see what I can do but right now I cant take any more guys, k20whiteboi is the last one since he hooked up with Mike earlier.

sorry

J.