PDA

View Full Version : oops..

SubliminalSi
09-22-2002, 09:20 AM
Last night me and my friend was cursing down the highway when we saw the loud truck come flying by and fallowing it was a civic and an old RX-7. I wanted to join in so i planned on going to 3rd but i think i put it in 1st maybe nutural, and the rpms went really high..you know like on video games when the car cant go anyfaster and the rpms just kinda bounce? It sounded like that. Scared the crap out of me. Anywayz, if it did do that bouncy rpm, did i mess anythig up? The car still goes fine, i have like 4200k. I just want to make sure its okay.

CleanBlackSi02
09-22-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
Last night me and my friend was cursing down the highway when we saw the loud truck come flying by and fallowing it was a civic and an old RX-7. I wanted to join in so i planned on going to 3rd but i think i put it in 1st maybe nutural, and the rpms went really high..you know like on video games when the car cant go anyfaster and the rpms just kinda bounce? It sounded like that. Scared the crap out of me. Anywayz, if it did do that bouncy rpm, did i mess anythig up? The car still goes fine, i have like 4200k. I just want to make sure its okay.

Well, I'm sure you're okay....but I wouldn't make a habit out of it. Hopefully you put in the clutch one you heard the overrev...

SiCivic2k2
09-22-2002, 06:04 PM
You're fine. That's what the rev limiter is for. You were probably in nuetral.

punkdork
09-22-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SiCivic2k2
You're fine. That's what the rev limiter is for. You were probably in nuetral.

Exactly... if you were in too low a gear the rev limiter wouldn't have done shit. 1st at highway speeds and you'd have one sick car.

CleanBlackSi02
09-23-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by punkdork

Exactly... if you were in too low a gear the rev limiter wouldn't have done shit. 1st at highway speeds and you'd have one sick car.

Went into first on the highway once while talking on my cell phone....it hurt my soul. I felt so bad for my poor poor EP. :(