PDA

View Full Version : Installed Panasonic DVD/CD/MP3/TV 7" in dash

CivicSiR
01-08-2004, 02:39 AM
Just installed a Panasonic VAD7300u DVD/CD/MP3/TV 7" in dash monitor...also threw in a Panasonic 8-disc changer and my PS2, though the PS2 install is kinda ghetto/temporary for now. I'm enjoyin' it so far. I just took a few pictures that should be clearer than the last ones...plus it includes the S2000 engine start that transplants the hazard button to the other side of the shifter.

http://www.bretgorden.com/images/civicsi/dash10.jpg
http://www.bretgorden.com/images/civicsi/enginestart5.jpg
http://www.bretgorden.com/images/civicsi/dash11.jpg

oogy-boogy
01-08-2004, 05:26 AM
Nifty......

Plus, you get extra decoration points for the Hotwheels EP...:D

CivicSiR
01-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Extra decoration points for the hotwheels EP? Try, extra HORSEPOWER. =o) Also, you musta missed the green turbo-ed EP I have in the first pic. You can't see it, but the turbo charger comes right out of the hood of the green car, and I have it linked up to my engine. So for extra boost I just turn up my AC and the IC just sucks up that sweet air goodness.

Btrthnezr3
01-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Very nice screen. Gotta love PS2 in the ride. Your interior looks very nice and the mini ep's are just basking in the glory of it all!

oogy-boogy
01-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by CivicSiR
Extra decoration points for the hotwheels EP? Try, extra HORSEPOWER. =o) Also, you musta missed the green turbo-ed EP I have in the first pic. You can't see it, but the turbo charger comes right out of the hood of the green car, and I have it linked up to my engine. So for extra boost I just turn up my AC and the IC just sucks up that sweet air goodness.

Hahahahahaaaaaaa.......I need to get one of those extraspecialadd600hptothewhipminiep's :D

bigcase
01-15-2004, 04:34 PM
sweet set up....

i have a portable dvd player that i also have my PS2 hooked up to. i can watch movies when i drive and all that shit, BUT my question to you is, if you didnt have the PS2 run through your head unit, would you be able to watch movies on it while driving?? is there some feature within the HU itself that doesnt allow viewing while driving? i want an indash screen like the one you have, but i dont want to get it if it wont play movies while i drive. know what im sayin. i guess since you have the PS2 hooked to the HU, you could watch while driving. but if you didnt have a PS2 hooked to it, could you bypass it or something. im having a hard time verbalizing what i want to say, but do you get it?

btw, i know its not safe or legal to do that, but there must be a way. i got a little outlaw in my blood ; )

CivicSiR
01-15-2004, 07:56 PM
bigcase, thanks for the props. What are you watching the DVDs on right now if you don't have an indash screen?

Playing playstation has nothing to do with whether you'll be able to watch movies or play playstation or not. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but when you have an indash screen, if you want to watch your screen apparently you have to bypass something to do with the e-brake...I believe that's how it works. SO, as of now, when your e-brake is engaged, if you were to try to open an indash, it should work fine...but soon as you release it, it makes the power turn off on your head unit (I BELIEVE anyhow). You'll have to talk with whomever is installing your head unit. If you're doing it yourself, you definitely should try to go to a car audio store somewhere first to figure it out. Maybe someone on this site will clarify even further what I have already said? Thanks again for the positive feedback.

bigcase
01-16-2004, 08:08 AM
i recognize phatness when i see it.

well, im watching movies on my portable 7" screen that sits on my passenger dash area. i have heard about the ebrake bypass. and yeah, when i do decide to get one, ill have a pro do it for me. that was always my biggest concern with one of those though. i want to be able to watch movies and stuff while im goin down the road. its illegal as hell, but hey, when has bein legal ever been any fun right?

CivicSiR
01-16-2004, 09:06 AM
hahahah...yeah pretty much. :D

showtymers619
01-18-2004, 08:34 PM
for one.. no pro installer thats working will EVER do that for you.. 1 they are fired..
2 hes to blame if you get into an accident..

its all liability thing....

i can sure tell you how to do it.. but im not responsible... AT ALL...do at your risk

hook up the wire that for the ebrake and constantly ground it to any metal surface

ep3hatchattack
01-20-2004, 09:53 AM
On my kenwood in-dash you just ground the wire that should go to the ebrake signal. then it will work anytime anywhere....... never been pulled over.

CivicSiR
01-20-2004, 02:37 PM
It's very unlikely you'd get pulled over, BUT, does anyone know what the fine is if you DO? I assume it'd change from state to state (in some states it's still legal I believe), but anyone know what the penalty is in California?

CivicSiR
01-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Oh and I also intalled some MB Quart reference series components in the front...and I have a Phoenix Gold volt meter custom installed under the ebrake going to, well, a Phoenix Gold amp under the passenger seat...the amp right now is going to a 12" MTX sub, but I'm doing a custom install of a JL over the spare tire well when summer rolls around. The only thing worth seeing pictuers of right now is the custom install of the PG volt meter, but I don't have any good ones... here's what I got tho:

DumbNewB
01-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Cant wait to see your other stuff :D