PDA

View Full Version : Bov

LsVtecStolen
01-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Just curious as to what is the most Agressive sounding BOV that we can use for the EP? Keeping the performance factor in mind, I was looking at the GReddy Type S, Blitz, or TurboXs..

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks for the help

bigjuice
01-09-2004, 01:23 PM
My cousin has the GReddy type s bov on his rx-7 and it makes a pretty noticeable sound when shifting under high boost. My good friend has the HKS bov on his supra, and it make a very the most aggressive sound under low boost, and with high boost cover your ears. The same thing goes with other turbo cars with HKS bov I have heard. You want a aggressive sounding bov think about HKS, ask around.

EPHatchgirl
01-09-2004, 05:33 PM
I have the HKS Super Sequential BOV, and I really like it. It seems nice and loud to me, and it whines like a baby seal being beaten (I think that's what SCC said...)

You also, with this one, have the option of buying different inserts for the BOV to change the sound of it- just a thought....

02SilverSiHB
01-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by EPHatchgirl
, and it whines like a baby seal being beaten (I think that's what SCC said...)

:D hahahaaa

EPHatchgirl
01-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
:D hahahaaa

:D :D

"Introducing the new and IMPROVED HKS SSQV BOV- NOT for the politically correct tree huggin booster"

K-Series
01-10-2004, 04:49 PM
GReddy Type S here.

Steve

esmith13
01-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Greddy Type-S here. Sound is adjustablw with a set screw. ranges from the generic pssshhhhh sound of blowing air to th high pitched wistle heard commonly from the HKS-SSQ.

however if your goin for show/looks under your hood none look better visually than the HKS-SSQ. None at all...

Eric

k20hatch
01-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Best one i have heard is the greddy type-s. My friend has it on his miata. My friend with the rx7 tt has hks..Not to bad either!

ep_nezay
01-27-2004, 08:15 PM
You know whats funny, after a few months driving your car around, you want the opposite of loud for a BOV:confusem:
Im running the type S btw.

k20whiteboi269
01-27-2004, 08:30 PM
i like sound of hks ssq bov :)

super_si_45
01-29-2004, 03:37 PM
i am currently using the greddy type-s, however, that will change after this weekend when my greddy fmic comes in, i am switching to the tial bov, which is imo the best around even better than hks, if performance was all u were looking for, look no further, if all u want is sound and no performance, go with type-s, or blitz, etc.,
i have done a lotta research on bov's over the past couple weeks and this is by far, parts wise, etc., the best around, i have also found it is widely most commonly used on supras, rx-7's, and skylines

heres some pics and a link to check it out bro. later

http://www.tialsport.com/bv02.jpg

http://www.tialsport.com/bv01.jpg

http://www.tialsport.com/blowoff_valves.htm

ep_nezay
01-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by super_si_45
if all u want is sound and NO PERFORMANCE, go with type-s, or blitz, etc.,

Are you talking out your ___ again? :rolleyes: lol

K-Series
01-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
Are you talking out your ___ again? :rolleyes: lol

Wow, I'm actually going to have to agree with nezay on this one. Right out of the corn hole..... :)

Steve

super_si_45
01-30-2004, 12:22 PM
me? talk out of my ass? never

lol, like i said imo

K-Series
01-30-2004, 12:38 PM
me? talk out of my ass? never

lol, like i said imo

Unfortunately when it comes to real world numbers like performance, there is no opinion. Better always wins.

Steve

super_si_45
01-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by US_Si
Unfortunately when it comes to real world numbers like performance, there is no opinion. Better always wins.

Steve

exactly, PROVEN numbers show tial is better, thanks for helpin me out there kid

K-Series
01-30-2004, 05:33 PM
First off "son" , I'm not a kid. Second off, post your findings so we can all see them instead of what is now just hear say.

Steve

super_si_45
01-30-2004, 06:50 PM
whoa, whoa simmer down tough guy, i didnt mean kid litterally, im not sure exactly where to find on the net, but ur welcome to come to dallas to a local speed shop and see their dyno sheets testing different bov's, next time try not to be such an asshole either, ull get a lot further in life being nice to people, later

dofu
02-02-2004, 04:43 PM
the bovs i have always liked are greddy type-s. its good for a pretty good amount of boost. (type-r if you have enough boost). tial is nice, but again, you'd need more boost for it to sound louder. and i remember the turbonetics godzilla bein pretty nice. hks has a race bov, but forget about hks ssqvbov... it sucks period. same for blitz and apexi. they only sound good. but it wouldnt be a problem if you're not boosting high. just remember that the blow off valve does keep boosted air from going back into the turbo... so it's up to you whether you wanna trust which. my ep isnt turbo'd nor do i really plan to boost it (think about it sometimes tho)... but my gsx was.

danoonez
02-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Why does the HKS SSQ suck so bad?

K-Series
02-02-2004, 08:59 PM
whoa, whoa simmer down tough guy, i didnt mean kid litterally, im not sure exactly where to find on the net, but ur welcome to come to dallas to a local speed shop and see their dyno sheets testing different bov's, next time try not to be such an asshole either, ull get a lot further in life being nice to people, later

Asshole? You called ME a kid, so who's the asshole? The guy who's calling people kids in jest and not including smileys when he knows that the internet transfers no emotion. Or the guy that reacts to be calling a kid...

Anyway, if you're going to say one is better than the other and not post facts as to why. Don't expect me to do the leg work to prove your claim. You go down to the speed shop, get some video and scans and post that shit here.

Oh, and here's a smiley. :) Isn't that nice?

Steve

dofu
02-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
Why does the HKS SSQ suck so bad?

it's ok if you're not boosting high... but i prefer others coz the hks ssqv is kinda small... sounds nice tho

esmith13
02-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Asshole? You called ME a kid, so who's the asshole? The guy who's calling people kids in jest and not including smileys when he knows that the internet transfers no emotion. Or the guy that reacts to be calling a kid...

Anyway, if you're going to say one is better than the other and not post facts as to why. Don't expect me to do the leg work to prove your claim. You go down to the speed shop, get some video and scans and post that shit here.

Steve

I LOVE YOU, STEVE!!

Eric :angel:

surfsi
02-03-2004, 12:14 PM
It seams like every forum I get on here is blown out of wack and somebody is talking trash; Kinda like my last post where all I wanted was to SHARE with the rest of you was my joy of out driving a viper, but ofcourse someone had to be an asshole like allways.
I'm 30 and a father,husband, homeowner, business owner, and certainly not a liar, all I want to do is share the experiance and if you can't be respectful of others then go to your neon site or where ever the fuck you came from!!!!
Oh and notblaise if I ever see you again I think I'm just going to knock you the fuck out and make sure you and your trash talking buddies are banned for good!
Oh and one last thing, I have the greggy type-s and it seams to do the job for what I'm pushing. If I boost higher then I'll probally change? Happy boosting, Rob.

super_si_45
02-03-2004, 02:27 PM

Steve

dude, you'v got some serious issues

;) :) :) ;)

sniperSI
02-03-2004, 02:32 PM
I've read a few write ups on the tial BOV. It appears to be top notch. I know of no numbers, but from the articles i've read they place it on the top.

dofu
02-03-2004, 05:26 PM
well, to me, its jus a blowoff valve... as long as it is big enough to keep your turbo from catching the backpressure, it's fine. no matter how pretty its design is, and how nice it sounds. its not a wastegate or even as imortant as one. and yea... the type s is adequate enough for a majority of the turbo'd cars out there

super_si_45
02-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI
I've read a few write ups on the tial BOV. It appears to be top notch. I know of no numbers, but from the articles i've read they place it on the top.

thanks bro (damn somebody back ME up? thats a first):D

sniperSI
02-04-2004, 07:44 AM
thanks bro (damn somebody back ME up? thats a first):D

just backing up the facts homie. :)

ep3hatchattack
02-09-2004, 12:08 PM
I believe there was a right up in SCC a while back, talking about the Tial topping the competition ( HKS, Greddy, and one other generic name) I will take a look and hope to find it. thanks, dave

surfsi2
02-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Finally some facts without the trash talking, well put.

4g63dsm
02-09-2004, 05:24 PM
i had the BLITZ on my dsm and it was loud. you had to cover your ears in the garage when i reved it.