PDA

View Full Version : greddy install help

n8dawgsmu
01-08-2004, 03:13 PM
what is the Vtec solenoid valve assembly, and where is it? also how do you remove the 02 sensors from the cat? do i just pull real hard.

n8dawgsmu
01-08-2004, 03:28 PM
ok i got the 02 sensors i just disconnected the harness rather than pull them out for not. i still cant figure out what the vtec solenoid thing is.

n8dawgsmu
01-08-2004, 04:53 PM
feel like im talking to myself :)

i found that piece, man greddy is being such a pain, they won't send me the directions for the kit again even though they sent the wrong ones. they faxed me some but i cannot see the pictures what a bunch of crap man. oh well if anyone has any suggestions please let me know so i can work more on this project. tell me how to get directions where i can actually see the pictures.

TheMutt
01-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Not many people have the kit, If they see this I'm sure they'll help you if I can but I doubt there are any links or anything like that to help you with the install.

n8dawgsmu
01-08-2004, 07:14 PM
someone PLEAAAAAAAAASE tell me where the oil pressure switch is. i know im being a question b(tch but dang please help

CivicSI2002
01-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Look just above the oil filter and you'll see a wire that connects to (the pressure switch) something on the block. It has a grey sleeve covering a hex shape head, that is the switch that should be removed. Remove the wire along with the sleeve you will see the actual switch. Be sure to use teflon tape and make sure each fitting is tight.

02SilverSiHB
01-08-2004, 08:35 PM
also might try clubrsx for any help...basically the same I would think

A somewhat how to on the kit for the rsx:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87865
you can see the oil pressure sender above the filter in the 5th pic of that thread

CivicSI2002
01-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Hey, I noticed that you needed the instructions for the kit. I can scan them and then send them to you but I won't be able to until tomorrow evening. I hope you haven't gotten to invovled with the install because there are some things that need to be done in order. Let me know, and I'll do what I can.

n8dawgsmu
01-09-2004, 01:14 AM
man i amso tired this is like my 16 hour straight turbo installing. i have done all the hardware myself so far and before this i had not even seen a turno before. my directions suck bthey were the third fax to get to me so all of thie pictures are literally black.i have managed to get through most of it. all i have to do is find the master vacume hose.... then do the downpipe and the hardware is done. the wiring should not be to bad. anyway thanks for the help halla at me if you know where that hose is. thanks for all of yalls help.

CivicSI2002
01-09-2004, 06:24 AM
The master hose connects on top of the intake manifold and runs parrallel with the fuel line when it meets the side of the intake cover. It is in between the fist and second intake runner I believe.

n8dawgsmu
01-09-2004, 04:37 PM
could someone tell me on there greddy kit where the down pipe heat shield attaches to. i can't tell. hopefully this will be my last post with a question in it. :)

CivicSI2002
01-09-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm assuming that you are talking about the almost square heatshield. As the down pipe bends downward (toward the ground) on the elbow there should be two bungs for two small short hex bolts. Not sure how you could miss it, but you do have to do a little pre-bending. Thanks

n8dawgsmu
01-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Thanks I didn't relize you had to bend it. I didn't want to go ahead with out double checking

Need-Honda
01-09-2004, 05:43 PM
the v-tec (oil pressure switch) is located on the headjust below the valve cover some where on the left side i think so i don't remeber off the top of my head hope that kinda helps. well good luck