PDA

View Full Version : Shake Shake Shake, what do i hear?!

BlackNRedSi
01-08-2004, 06:18 PM
WATER, thats what i hear....

So yeah i got the mugen Rep wing...i bolted the sucker in a while ago, pluged the holes where i screwed the wing in...but i STILL get water...

Now i know with the GENUINE MUGEN WING (thanks to Mugen_EP) you do not get water in that one....

but with the rep one it seems like you do...

looking further into the situation, i think i found where the water is coming in from, and thats the holes on the side of the wing where you have the ablility to adjust the wing...Now i KNOW i will never adjust the wing, so i am going to plug those holes and hope for the best...

my question to everyone that has this rep wing is:

A. Do you have this problem?

B. if you did, how do you drain the water out?

C. If i cant get all the water out, will it destroy the wing?

Thanks for your attention!

Eric T.

civicSIracer
01-08-2004, 06:20 PM
ya my wing get water in it. i havent messed with the adjustments. i dont know what the deal is. i didnt fill in the part that i shaved off so i think thats the problem..

BlackNRedSi
01-08-2004, 06:23 PM
no thats not the problem, my wing was done by chucks shop...im tellin ya, the problem is those holes where you adjust the wing...since its a REP wing, those holes arent quality like the real mugen wing

EnJaNir
01-08-2004, 08:38 PM
I haven't looked into it, but I really wouldn't be surprised if there was water in there, either through the adjustment bolts and the two huge holes that were cut so it would fit. Water shouldn't do any damage the wing is just fiberglass under the cf, unless it freezes in there during winter. I'll wait till spring take it off and check it out it's currently negative degrees outside here

however, when I open and shut the hatch I haven't realy heard any water..

02civicSI
01-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by EnJaNir
I haven't looked into it, but I really wouldn't be surprised if there was water in there, either through the adjustment bolts and the two huge holes that were cut so it would fit. Water shouldn't do any damage the wing is just fiberglass under the cf, unless it freezes in there during winter. I'll wait till spring take it off and check it out it's currently negative degrees outside here

however, when I open and shut the hatch I haven't realy heard any water..

your avatar is very verrryy nice!

Peking
01-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
no thats not the problem, my wing was done by chucks shop...im tellin ya, the problem is those holes where you adjust the wing...since its a REP wing, those holes arent quality like the real mugen wing

So water is getting in through the holes, does the water stay in the wing? So you hear it, like when you shake it or something? I don't doubt the quality, possible something they missed?

Siman
01-08-2004, 11:01 PM
make pin size holes to drain the water....or take it apart and fill it with cocking ( no perverted comments please!) or some other filler to water proof it:cool:

icegrill
01-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Siman
make pin size holes to drain the water....or take it apart and fill it with cocking ( no perverted comments please!) or some other filler to water proof it:cool:

I think you mean caulking? you sicko

ATRIOT
01-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by icegrill
I think you mean caulking? you sicko

HAHA LOL!

beansbear
01-16-2004, 04:04 PM
the water is getting in where you bolt the wing down to the hatch. its not getting in from the holes of the wing adjustment.
when i took the wing off to get the water out it comes out through the top.

rs_1101
01-16-2004, 04:50 PM
yea jus drill a couple itty bitty holes in the low points for drainage.. noone will notice :D

Dunrick
01-16-2004, 09:35 PM
drill tons of holes man....every little bit helps the 1/4 times bro

hehe j/p

good luck

k20hatch
01-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Ahh...mines comming in next week...hope mine doesnt do it!

todaCspec
01-17-2004, 01:52 PM
I guess it all comes down to "what you pay is what you get", hope it gets resolved.

Type X
01-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Its just the change in your pocket

can you stop with the colors?

Thanks

dofu
01-20-2004, 04:47 AM
anybody with a cf mugen replica with the same problem? or does this involve all mugen replicas?

BlackNRedSi
01-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Type X
Its just the change in your pocket

can you stop with the colors?

Thanks

WHY? ISNTTHAT WHAT THE COLOR CODES ARE FOR?:D:rolleyes: :cool:

BlackNRedSi
01-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by dofu
anybody with a cf mugen replica with the same problem? or does this involve all mugen replicas?

This thread is for the Mugen Replica sorry for the confusion...

eric

BlackNRedSi
01-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by todaCspec
I guess it all comes down to "what you pay is what you get", hope it gets resolved.

Yeah its no big deal to be honest with ya, i am going to drill some small holes this coming weekend...

i mean if i HAD 1G to spend on the REAL MUGEN wing i would...:)

BlackNRedSi
01-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Ahh...mines comming in next week...hope mine doesnt do it!

if you DONT want to adjust the wing, just plug ALL the holes and you will be fine....:)

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by 02civicSI
your avatar is very verrryy nice!
i second that nice avatar

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2004, 09:05 PM
I don't have this problem...my water probably just drains out :D how you ask? Because when I modified it to fit, I never seal that area back up, so if water is getting in, it's leaking down and out of the area I trimmed off.

BlackNRedSi
01-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I don't have this problem...my water probably just drains out :D how you ask? Because when I modified it to fit, I never seal that area back up, so if water is getting in, it's leaking down and out of the area I trimmed off.

hmmmmm, interesting, very interesting silva! :)

eric

CivicSiR
01-23-2004, 08:13 AM
I didn't fill the holes. I've never noticed any water getting in there. But maybe I just haven't noticed it...

hypnoj
01-24-2004, 06:37 AM
hey eric, have you been doing all your body work piant and installs yourself? (like your wing)?
Jim