PDA

View Full Version : grill shell

2k2civicSi
07-01-2002, 12:55 AM
does any one make a badge less grill shell

DownTheHatch
07-01-2002, 08:16 AM
Not yet, I'm waiting for an aftermarket replacement grille too.

DynaSpeed
07-01-2002, 08:20 AM
Do people change it just to change it? I *love* the stock grill. Personally changing the stock grill would be like changing the seats. Something cool for something cool (but different), which I fully understand. I'm just asking if there's another motive behind it.

xlr8
07-01-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
Do people change it just to change it? I *love* the stock grill. Personally changing the stock grill would be like changing the seats. Something cool for something cool (but different), which I fully understand. I'm just asking if there's another motive behind it.
to get rid of the badges on the grill. you can take off the h, but there is a big black square. i just want a black mesh grill. i called grillcraft, they wont have one for about two monthes

SBC31
07-01-2002, 09:34 AM
Clean grill is really nice with no badges, I may get one if the price is right.

I took the civic badge on the hatch and the car looks much cleaner. Now will I remover the SiR badge, mmmm, not sure yet, I kinda like it and so far a few people (non Honda enthusiasts) have already asked; Is an SiR a new car from Honda, to some I say, "It's a Civic" to some I say "Yeah it's the new 2 door minivan...lol!" just to see their reaction.

xlr8
07-01-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by SBC31
Clean grill is really nice with no badges, I may get one if the price is right.

I took the civic badge on the hatch and the car looks much cleaner. Now will I remover the SiR badge, mmmm, not sure yet, I kinda like it and so far a few people (non Honda enthusiasts) have already asked; Is an SiR a new car from Honda, to some I say, "It's a Civic" to some I say "Yeah it's the new 2 door minivan...lol!" just to see their reaction.
yeah all i left on my car is the si badge also. i kindof want to take it off, but at the same time i like it. ill leave it for now at least

2k2civicSi
07-01-2002, 01:10 PM
i really want a new badgeless grill even if its 200bucks

DownTheHatch
07-01-2002, 01:17 PM
Actually I just want the Red "H".

CleanBlackSi02
07-08-2002, 05:09 AM
I just want to be completely badgeless.....gotta stick to my name....CleanBlack.....

JoshSI
07-09-2002, 03:06 PM
If anyone sahves off their SiR emblem they can just send it my way! I WANT ONE :)

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-10-2002, 09:18 PM
u can take of the H badge without leaving the black square behind rite? just simply take off the bumper rite? it looks to me the H badge comes off just like the 99-00 SI.

SBC31
07-11-2002, 06:50 AM
I was looking at the grill yesterday, and it does look like the H housing would come off, or does come off. I doubt you need to remove the bumper though to do this, but it should come off.

Anyone know for sure?

CleanBlackSi02
07-11-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by SBC31
I was looking at the grill yesterday, and it does look like the H housing would come off, or does come off. I doubt you need to remove the bumper though to do this, but it should come off.

Anyone know for sure?

It'll come off, but you'll have a big black hole. You don't need to take off the bumper, but you'd have to remove the clips. I had to to get the Si emblem off the front.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-13-2002, 04:27 PM
any onr have a picture of their grill with just only the SI or just with nuthin at all? i wanna see one with the HOnda badge off... the H emblem along with the square piece also. i should come off just like the 99-00 SI.. if anyone has a pic, i would like to see it. thanks

xlr8
07-13-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
any onr have a picture of their grill with just only the SI or just with nuthin at all? i wanna see one with the HOnda badge off... the H emblem along with the square piece also. i should come off just like the 99-00 SI.. if anyone has a pic, i would like to see it. thanks
if you remove the h emblem there is a large black square that is very ugly. so i removed the emblem, seperated the chrome h from the rest of the emblem and reinstalled it. it now looks like i have a black h on the front. its not as good as badgeless, but i hate chrome. pics are in members gallery

2k2civicSi
07-30-2002, 10:26 PM
i want the mugen sports grill!!