PDA

View Full Version : Silverstars BURNED!!

2002EP
01-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah, so i had my Silverstars for about 6 months and they just burned out on me last night. Beats Cuzo, they burned out in 2 months:eek: . Well, I got a set of "EUROLITE Super Plasma" bulbs. They seem real good, way whiter than the Silverstars and a little purple tint. I liked them so much I bought matching fog bulbs for my OEM fogs. I got pics put I don't know how to post them, if I figure it out I will.

PS: Was 6 months good or is that horrible?

Sivicboi
01-08-2004, 09:30 PM
well, one of my silverstars blew out about the same time as yours. now I'm using some Polargs. IMO they are brighter and whiter w/ a small hint of blue tint. Anyways, 6 months is pretty bad.

2002EP
01-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Hoy are the polargs holding up? I dunno, i had a friend that bought PIAA's and they blew out in 7 months, so is it really worth $80? I know Polargs and Raybrigs are about the same quality and price of PIAA's. How are yours? BTW I got Polarg parking lights in amber and I love them. :)

raiyo
01-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Get some LiteGlow from Target, cost less than 12 bucks i think. Brighter than stock, and with alittle blue tint. Not DOT legal though. If it burns out, buy another for that cheap price.

Sivicboi
01-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Well, I've only had my Polarg's on for about month so I really don't know yet. Out of all the bulbs I've tried(silverstars, piaa extreme, el cheapo apc(free), etc...I like the polargs the best. I also got them at fairly reasonable price $60.

Surprise
01-10-2004, 12:24 AM
I have Piaa's on my car. I like them alot, the only thing was that they burned out a few weeks after one year. I contacted piaa and they said that even thought it is out of their warrenty period they would ship me a new set for free. I would recomend them to anyone.

Bicho6
01-10-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by 2002EP
Well, I got a set of "EUROLITE Super Plasma" bulbs. They seem real good, way whiter than the Silverstars and a little purple tint.

do you have the Eurolite Xenon Plasma H7 ? i'm looking to get those.. will they fit on our ep?

Kis4KEN
01-10-2004, 01:10 AM
i don't think H7's will fit on our car...
hey has anyone checked those raybrig bulbs at super autobacs? i kind of want em, but for 75 bucks... fuck no. i think i'm just gonna save up and buy hid

BarracksSi
01-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
Get some LiteGlow from Target, cost less than 12 bucks i think. Brighter than stock, and with alittle blue tint. Not DOT legal though. If it burns out, buy another for that cheap price.

If they're the same ones that I had, they're actually dimmer than stock.

The color makes them seem brighter, but I found that cars next to me were putting out more light than I was. I'd even watch traffic crossing in front of me at an intersection, and I'd swear up & down that I could see the light coming from cars next to me than my own headlights.

Too bad, too, because I liked the blue-whitish color.

EMI
01-12-2004, 08:28 PM
i have been through about 4 sets in 8 months, they are really crappy lights!

I-4Si
01-18-2004, 09:53 PM
15 months so far with my Silverstars.
Now that I've posted they will probably blow.

EMI
01-19-2004, 09:14 AM
i just switched mine out in favor for some HID's :) :)

:D

ViViDPeArL
01-19-2004, 10:11 PM
one of my silverstars died in 6 months...i gotta go buy another and return the burnt one...heh...i'm happy with my hid kit now