PDA

View Full Version : OOOooo WTF wing doesnt fit :::sigh::::

chubbychu
01-08-2004, 08:43 PM
so anyways im installing my wing. and it doesnt fit!!! AHHH its too tall and its missing like 1/5 inch from both sides. im not concerned about the width part but the wing being too tall really pisses me off.

i thought renova auto was supposed to have a "100%" fit product.

anyways im not gonna abandon them now, but what should i do about it? its been painted already so i dont just want to send it back. i know it was stupid to just let the auto body guys paint it before the test fit but i trusted renova auto. should i just take some sand paper and start sanding? comon guys i need helpppp

ALSo, i used some of that sticky foam tape stuff, so would that be throwing it off? should i take that stuff off and try again?

02civicSI
01-08-2004, 08:55 PM
my renova fit pretty good. maybe you just got a bad one.

chubbychu
01-08-2004, 09:08 PM
like stock?

thanks...that really helps :p

Peking
01-08-2004, 10:12 PM
What kind of wing? and who did you get it from?

SiR_d1
01-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Peking
What kind of wing? and who did you get it from?

Renova

Siman
01-08-2004, 10:45 PM
I thought you supposed to shave those??? ( Phile it down )

chubbychu
01-08-2004, 10:54 PM
thats for the part that sticks out, they they are pre modded.

do you guys think i should just go ahead and shave it myself? or should i have a shop do it...

if i shave it down do i have to repaint it?

ULTRAMANIA
01-08-2004, 11:15 PM
i'm pretty sure i got the renova wing as well and i shaved my sides down and it fit perfectly well.. if you don't shave it.. it fits like crap.. all sticks in the air and stuff.. show us some pics of your fit.. maybe we can tell what the problem is from there.

chubbychu
01-08-2004, 11:30 PM
well actually i emailed them and they found out that i didnt drill a hole for the led wire, and i ran it through a screw hole so...im gonna do it the right way and see if that was the problem. if not ill post some shots. thanks!

anna n her ep3
01-12-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
well actually i emailed them and they found out that i didnt drill a hole for the led wire, and i ran it through a screw hole so...im gonna do it the right way and see if that was the problem. if not ill post some shots. thanks!

duhhr michael lol jk.. wanna mod my cf wanna be mugen wing for me(had it for like months) please.. ;]

EMI
01-12-2004, 10:15 AM
post pics of where it does not fit!

03Civ-Bomb
01-23-2004, 11:56 PM
if i get that wing will it fit 100% or will i get screwed like a few of these other guys have w/ there fiberglass wings? And are they hard to wire up?