PDA

View Full Version : AEM V2... UPS is on its way!!!

IIx 03 EP xII
01-08-2004, 09:57 PM
i just ordered my AEM V2. it was 242.25... from importhorizon.net. i was planning at first to get a INJEN SRI, from a local speed shop. but then i called them yesterday about it, and for some reason they had raised there price and it was more expensive for the INJEN than to just order the AEM V2. so i figured... why not. it looks better... it is supposed to perform better (who knows if it will?). ill post some pics when i get it. and is it easy to install? cuz i wanna do it myself.

JapanExpress
01-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Short rams are easy to install. Much less time-consuming than taking your bumper off. Takes maybe 30-45 mins.

Good choice on the AEM V2. :cool:

1fastminivan
01-08-2004, 10:14 PM
DAMNIT!!!! I ordered mine also.......but from showstoppers....at 255 shipped. I shouldve waited a little longer to find cheaper prices. Oh well.......mines being shipped FedEx

chibianh
01-08-2004, 10:16 PM
good choice.. still happy with my V2 after 3 months :D

SiR_d1
01-08-2004, 10:19 PM
congrats

Im still debating wether to get it myself

1fastminivan
01-08-2004, 10:21 PM
so is the V2 supposed to be better than the AEM shortram? but not the CAI on our EP right?

Pikachu
01-08-2004, 10:29 PM
SiR_D1 i was just wondering if you are really interested in an AEM v2 cold air intake and if you would be willing to work something out with your guages and your pod. I was just wondering if you still had them and if i could get some pics of the pod the ones on the old thread would not show up for me if you could please email pics to pikachu@ffcollect.zzn.com if you are serious about getting a v2 intake

Pikachu
01-08-2004, 10:49 PM
SiR_D1 i was just wondering if you are really interested in an AEM v2 cold air intake and if you would be willing to work something out with your guages and your pod. I was just wondering if you still had them and if i could get some pics of the pod the ones on the old thread would not show up for me if you could please email pics to pikachu@ffcollect.zzn.com if you are serious about getting a v2 intake

IIx 03 EP xII
01-09-2004, 09:10 AM
well im excited. and i still dont know how it stand performance wise. i did alot of research before making my decision. and i stumbled upon the canadian local chapter that had the link to the site where i got it. showstoppers is still pretty fairly priced... which is AWESOME. cuz the shop near me 'auto obsessions' quoted me 250 for an injen sri... which included shipping (shipping was almost 30 bucks they said!!)... and it would be around 300 for an AEM short ram. i dont know how they are still in business with extreme prices like those!! i am so excited i cant wait til the UPS guy comes...

fsugatorbait
01-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by 1fastminivan
so is the V2 supposed to be better than the AEM shortram? but not the CAI on our EP right?

Exactly, think of it as a beefed up short ram. Nothing that pulls air from the engine bay will compare with a CAI.