PDA

View Full Version : Installed my HKS Hi-power today.

ep pilot
01-08-2004, 11:45 PM
My HKS Hi-Power review. Well I installed my HKS today at work, it took all of 20 min on the hoist and basic air tools. The kit came very neatly packed and everything was straight forward. After the install I happily fired her up and was amazed at how clean and controlled the exhaust sounds. I was expecting a very loud raspy explosive sound from this kit, but in all honesty it sounds identical to my old Greddy Mx on my former

DavidT
01-09-2004, 02:13 AM
How about performance? Everytime somebody installs an exhaust I always read about how it sounds but nobody seems to chim in on performance :) Did you feel any difference?

Peking
01-09-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by DavidT
How about performance? Everytime somebody installs an exhaust I always read about how it sounds but nobody seems to chim in on performance :) Did you feel any difference?

Exhaust alone will not produce numbers. So you are mostly going for looks and sound. After a few more mods, then exhaust plays a bigger role. Glad you got it Pilot.

l33t
01-09-2004, 10:12 AM
i dont use the silencer, the exhaust is already pretty quiet as it is so i really don't see any point

Peking
01-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by l33t
i dont use the silencer, the exhaust is already pretty quiet as it is so i really don't see any point

Agreed :)

HARRY POTTER
01-09-2004, 10:18 AM
i think its pretty quiet also. no silencer used on my hi-power either.

Btrthnezr3
01-09-2004, 10:25 AM
This thread is useless without pics!! Haha, j/k Pilot...but can you hook us up with some digital media of the Hi-Power?

shimmy_yaz
01-09-2004, 06:03 PM
I love the HKS exhaust. It has a nice deep sound that really makes the car seem alot tougher and not so loud and annoying that everyone turns and laughs. With the stereo on I don't even really hear the exhaust that much so it never bothers me. Since my car got broken into I havn't had a stereo for over 2 months now and I can tell you one thing on longer trips the low rumble really does start to get to ya.

SiR_d1
01-09-2004, 06:04 PM
glad you like it:)

not a bad first mod

ep pilot
01-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
glad you like it:)

not a bad first mod

Actually I did the springs (Eibach) Pro kit about three days prior to my HKS. But all and all I don

n i c k e l
01-10-2004, 12:34 AM
glad you like the exhaust..i was wondering how you like the pro kit springs..do these ride nice w/ your stock shocks?

ep pilot
01-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by n i c k e l
glad you like the exhaust..i was wondering how you like the pro kit springs..do these ride nice w/ your stock shocks?

The Pro Kit is superb, It actually feels just like the stock springs in terms of overall comfort, yet with just a bit extra support going into fast turns. Basically I have a lot more confidence entering fast corners with the Pro-kit over the stock springs. I had Tokiko Blues and Neuspeed race springs w/ Neuspeed fr/rr sway bars fr/rr tie bars and lower stress bars on my old

Si Death
01-10-2004, 11:31 PM
what does the warranty include???

DarkSiRacer
01-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Silencer? What's that? If youre refering to the thing that tries to muffle the sound. It doesnt do it's job. The HKS noise is a great sound. No point in silencing it.

ep3bubble
01-11-2004, 04:17 PM
we need some pixs please, digital media is lovely!!!!!!!:D

PeteSan3
01-11-2004, 07:03 PM
I noticed that my exhaust got a little quietier after about a week or two. Maybe yours will too, then you may not need the baffle.

ep3hatchattack
01-11-2004, 08:07 PM
This thread is useless without pics.....:)