View Full Version : AEM Posts V2 Dyno

SiR nateDOGG
01-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Aem has just posted there V2 dyno, its very hard to beleive

:eek:

http://www.aempower.com/product_intake_app.asp

MolonLabe
01-09-2004, 10:26 AM
If this is independently verifiable, my guess is we'll be seeing alot of older CAI's on ebay soon...

fsugatorbait
01-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thats some funny sh*t. They say it gained 16hp and 17tq. That made my day! :D :D :D

BlasTech
01-09-2004, 01:36 PM
HOLY F'N SH!T That's HUGE!

That's pretty newsworthy stuff. Guess they're gonna sell some of those babies, and we'll see some more dynos. ;)

DavidT
01-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Did they take it down again? Cause I don't see the dyno chart link on that application page. 16 HP from an intake is ridiculous. I might believe 8HP but not 16, I don't care if it's a V2 from god.

fsugatorbait
01-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by DavidT
Did they take it down again? Cause I don't see the dyno chart link on that application page. 16 HP from an intake is ridiculous. I might believe 8HP but not 16, I don't care if it's a V2 from god.

On the app page there are two listings for the 02+ si. Go to the 2nd one and there is a pdf attachment with the dyno graph

irrational
01-09-2004, 02:23 PM
NO FooKIN WAY!!! i wanna know how hot it was both in the dyno area and under the hood. were there any other mods? there is no way that hot air can make that kinda power. this harmonic thing can only take it so far.....i mean cmon! maybe im so mad and dont wanna believe it cuz i just bought an injen cai :mad: somebody prove this dyno to be BS please.

DynaSpeed
01-09-2004, 02:40 PM
http://www.i-vtec.net/images/v2hpdyno.jpg
http://www.i-vtec.net/images/v2tqdyno.jpg

esmith13
01-09-2004, 02:49 PM
OK, I'm lost here... on the AEM link provided there is no pdf for the Si and the V2.... However their is one for the base model RSX and it shows MAX gains of 5.0 for HP and 6.5 for TQ, so I highly doubt there is any notable difference for the Si than this RSX...

I call typo..... :D

Eric

irrational
01-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
OK, I'm lost here... on the AEM link provided there is no pdf for the Si and the V2.... However their is one for the base model RSX and it shows MAX gains of 5.0 for HP and 6.5 for TQ, so I highly doubt there is any notable difference for the Si than this RSX...

I call typo..... :D

Eric
http://www.aempower.com/pdf/dyno/24-6108%2002-03%20Civic%20SI.pdf

esmith13
01-09-2004, 03:04 PM
i know I saw the charts.....

But where on AEM's site is that linked to?? Next to that link maybe it was ment to say V2 with header and exhaust versus stock or something like that....

Maybe V2 and Hondata vs stock???

Who knows. I wasn't calling foul that the chart existed - but that it may have been meant to symbolise something else...

Eric

chibianh
01-09-2004, 03:31 PM
holy shit! I have a V2 and I'm having a hard time believing this! It'd be great if it were true, of course, but I'm guessing this was dyno'd on a car with other mods.. as a matter of fact, it HAS to have been dyno'd on a car with additional mods.

TheMutt
01-09-2004, 04:31 PM
If it's too hard to believe, it probably is.

ATRIOT
01-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
If it's too hard to believe, it probably is.

Exactly! I dont like being lied to, or having my intelligence insulted. Especially by a company thats been in the import game for this long. :confusem:

myeverlovinsir
01-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Yep, that's complete and utter bullshit! I have the AEM CAI and stand by it but hate to see crap advertising with overblown numbers from just a CAI.

BlasTech
01-09-2004, 07:48 PM
For two years nobody can get more than a couple of hp out of anything they can come up with, and then all the sudden this intake descends from the forges of heaven???

So who's going to send the official 'WTF' email to AEM?

Could ephatch pitch in enough to get somebody who has the V2 to dyno it?

chibianh
01-09-2004, 07:50 PM
I don't think it's complete and utter bullshit. In fact, I believe the dyno numbers are real. However, I don't believe that it's from a base Si with just intake. I believe it has other mods also, such as h/e.

myeverlovinsir
01-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Then why make the comparison? That to me is BS.

fsugatorbait
01-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
Then why make the comparison? That to me is BS.

Good ole marketing ploys at work, remember numbers can lie.

DavidT
01-10-2004, 12:18 AM
My new ECU fuse will give you at least 15WHP. No gimmicks. But first you have to have intake, header, exhaust, Hondata...then my ECU fuse will work. And that 15WHP is only with those items, if you just have one of those items my ECU fuse won't work so make sure you buy all those first. You won't be disappointed! Send me your ECU fuse and I'll reflash it with my flashlight and send it back to you the next day! $99 per fuse flash. I can reflash your headlight fuses too, it will make your headlights brighther but only if you have HIDs ;)

n i c k e l
01-10-2004, 12:27 AM
YGM....

Mighty_Mouse
01-10-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by DavidT
My new ECU fuse will give you at least 15WHP. No gimmicks. But first you have to have intake, header, exhaust, Hondata...then my ECU fuse will work. And that 15WHP is only with those items, if you just have one of those items my ECU fuse won't work so make sure you buy all those first. You won't be disappointed! Send me your ECU fuse and I'll reflash it with my flashlight and send it back to you the next day! $99 per fuse flash. I can reflash your headlight fuses too, it will make your headlights brighther but only if you have HIDs ;)

Any chance of a group buy discount? :D

Payntech
01-10-2004, 02:38 PM
I will have one in my hands in a week or so. We will dyno it back to back and post the results.

Spent198
01-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by chibianh
I don't think it's complete and utter bullshit. In fact, I believe the dyno numbers are real. However, I don't believe that it's from a base Si with just intake. I believe it has other mods also, such as h/e.

You are exactly right. I would never believe that the AEM V2 intake would produce the numbers they have posted on the K20A3. Many members of ClubRSX.com have dyno tested their AEM V2 and come out with closer to a 5-10whp gain. I think its one of those marketing scams. :mad: