PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 coils??

DTR
01-09-2004, 12:27 PM
I was wondering what type of feedback you guys have concerning the skunk2 "coilovers" i was just curious cus i was looking to purchase some suspension mods soon for the upcoming summer so let me know what you guys think of it. How many actually have it or had them but switched them?

Btrthnezr3
01-09-2004, 12:48 PM
I've heard they are really stiff and somewhat bouncy. I had Ground Controls on my 99 Civic and they had a very nice spring rate that was comfortable for daily driving. Depending on what you are gonna use your car for or need you might want to consider a full coil over system like Mugen or Tein...there are some other really nice brands out there for the full systems...can't think now. Also, if you really aren't gonna adjust the ride height...Eibach Sportlines or ProKit are great. Hope this helps a little. Maybe try doing a search for "coils" "coilovers" or "skunk2"

02SilverSiHB
01-09-2004, 10:28 PM
very stiff! very stiff. I had them, with my konis, so there was no bounciness at all. The car didn't roll, tilt, yaw, asmuth...you name it, my car was on freaking rails.

One thing though....if you get them and want koni shocks...you'll need an adapter for the rear...this adapter is made by ground control I believe, it is used to keep the sleeve from applying uneven pressure to the perch in the rear.

NBP_03Si
01-11-2004, 11:14 AM
well; i just install the skunk 2 spring-coilover, i did it my self and a friend (tiger_si) at my house, it tooks us like 3 1/2 hours. The ride is a bit bouncy (all depends what u like) but i think the are worth the money i mean i'm very picky with car's height so i got those. For sure u are going to need after-market shock but so far i got them with stock shocks no doubt that with koni yellow the bouncing is history but i like high spring ratio. i drop them 1.5 front and 1.1 rear, not to low so i don't kill the tires because the camber error. i'm saving for shocks probably koni so far, i think thats the best option. Full coilover are good but i rather have good springs and good shocks (both adjustables), personal preference. I don't think i will change them for a looooooooong time. good luck and if you can test drive a car with them it will give you a good idea.

02SilverSiHB
01-11-2004, 01:24 PM
don't forget to ask about ordering the modified piece you need for the konis in the rear with sleeves.