PDA

View Full Version : people who have had tranny problems covered under warranty please help!

rs_1101
01-09-2004, 12:34 PM
hey.. if theres anyone whos had tranny problems covered under warranty, can u please scan your work orders and stuff for others who might be having similar problems, but our honda dealers are giving us crap?
i think there was a thread about this a long time ago, and someone said that its easier for a honda dealer to warranty you if others have had similar problems in the past.

ac22
01-09-2004, 12:39 PM
thats a good idea.

i also think that it should be a sticky post. if all of a sudden a few months from now someone has the problem it would be nice to be able to reference it quickly with no fear of the post being gone.

i know right now i am worried that ill have the problem and when i go to look for the posts i wont be able to find them.

Dunrick
01-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Great idea - I would like to get mine fixed on the notchy 1 to 2 shift, but I don't want to go into the dealership blind, not knowing what to get fixed....etc

rs_1101
01-09-2004, 01:02 PM
well ive had long conversations with many dumbass service managers, and cuz theres so few ep's sold among dealerships, most of them dont know what breaks and what doesnt, aside from hondas tsb bulletins.
they really wont fix your car till the tranny falls out the bottom of it, but when that happens to me, id like to know i can get it covered right away. i kno 02silverhb and a few others have already gone through hell over this

David K.
01-09-2004, 01:06 PM
I don't have a scanner but I can fax someone a copy of my warranty work, which included: transmission overhaul w/ new 3rd and 4th gear synchros, new clutch pedal assembly, replaced dash due to peeling, and replaced front tweeters due to excessive buzzing. (what a piece of shit!).