PDA

View Full Version : Spoon street exhasut

Chinaboy
01-09-2004, 07:43 PM
hey guys, I juss ordered a spoon street exhaust for 610 dollars, because i heard that the N1 was way too loud, and in California it is a problem. So I was wondering if anyone has this exhaust and what are your opinons on it.

Siman
01-09-2004, 08:36 PM
i didnt know they made it for our cars yet? Where did you get it ?
:rolleyes: :D

SiR_d1
01-09-2004, 10:06 PM
where did you buy it from?

02SilverSiHB
01-09-2004, 10:25 PM
there's a couple of places...I believe www.inlinefour.com has it.....
Can't remember where else I saw it at...I just saw it at another site the other day...anyway, direct link...I saw this way back, never thought about posting it
http://www.inlinefour.com/spoonstreets.html
http://store5.yimg.com/I/twincamtech_1764_5671383

estebones
01-09-2004, 10:31 PM
inlinefour.com = good people, fast shipping etc....

as for the n1 beign too loud? I dont think so but thats just me, it seems like it quites down after a few hundred miles. you really cant hear it too much outside but inside the cabin its another story.
either way good buy!

--este

02SilverSiHB
01-09-2004, 10:32 PM
oh yeah, here also....but not cheap http://www.spoonsports.us/catalog/civic/exhaust.htm

Chinaboy
01-09-2004, 10:37 PM
i ordered it from a guy that owns a shop and is has a license to carry spoon parts as a official dealer here in San Francisco. I heard the N1, it is too loud and it does sound very good to me. SO i chose this one and they said that it would sound more "civilized" but mean enough to show wsup. its supposed to be a low deep growl compared to a N1.

I got it for listed price at 680, but i got it for 610 w/o tax. total comes to 666.xx and yeah I like the shape of it more than then N1. Im going to pick it up on monday with my Injen cold air intake installs. IM finally gonna mod my EP!

02SilverSiHB
01-09-2004, 10:41 PM
yeah, MD_EP3 says his spoon n1 is loud also.

JBS02
01-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Chinaboy,
Congrats on the Spoon street silencer and thank you for posting your review. I wanted one, but was told by two suppliers that it would not fit the USDM Si. But after reading about and seeing your photos, it is a direct bolt-on. I have a question about how the exhaust sounds at about 80 mph in 5th gear (~4000 rpms). Do you hear any droning under those conditions? Would it be bothersome at those speeds and rpms for extended periods of time (i.e., long trips)?

John

Chinaboy
01-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by JBS02
Chinaboy,
Congrats on the Spoon street silencer and thank you for posting your review. I wanted one, but was told by two suppliers that it would not fit the USDM Si. But after reading about and seeing your photos, it is a direct bolt-on. I have a question about how the exhaust sounds at about 80 mph in 5th gear (~4000 rpms). Do you hear any droning under those conditions? Would it be bothersome at those speeds and rpms for extended periods of time (i.e., long trips)?

John

Yeah john, the exhaust is very very agressive sounding when you are at 80+ miles at 4000 in 5th gear. However, YOU inside the cabin will not hear it. THe Cold air intake in my car is even louder then it when im inside. But on the outside. The car sounds like a dream and its a deep deep rumble with a smooooth sound that I could never thought would be possible on a civic... but then again we are a 2.0 engine.