PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Idea for you guys with Problems

Siman
01-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Call American Honda and all you guys with problems....that want them fixed, call them first! And they will open up a case file and file your complaint or problem....

Thats when you go to honda, tell them your file number and ask them to referce it to other complaints in the same catagory, It will help you all out so much, much less others that will have this problem in the future!

We need to take action, for all the guys who cant really get their dealers to help them out!:cool:

This is just a GOOD idea and i think somehow this should be made a sticky!

Mugen Power
01-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Power to the people! Come on, guys, let's do it!

k20whiteboi269
01-09-2004, 08:59 PM
great post. i was wondering what i should do. ive been noticing those 2 and 3 gear grinding. just didnt want to fight with dealer over it. maybe ill start a file now and get the problem fixed in the spring.

Siman
01-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Think about it! Once we ALL get American Honda's attention to this!

1abSi
01-09-2004, 10:38 PM
well here are a couple of numbers i got
US-(800) 999-1009
Canadian-(888) 946-6329
these two numbers are for the "Honda Automobile Customer Service" , which i believe would get you the same result?!?! if not anyone else feel free to post up the right number...i know i am about ready to take my damn car in to get this crap fixed.........it is horrible

siver-SI
01-10-2004, 12:07 PM
great idea maybe we can get a TSB out of this.

styllinep3
01-10-2004, 02:31 PM
im already on my fellow ep brothers. ;)

03SiBlack
01-10-2004, 09:16 PM
ill do this what do i have to do? My piece of garbage transmission is being notchy again when switching from first to second. Before it was second to third and my tranny locked up on me in a parking lot thank god not a highway or something. They fixed it and now i have problems all over again after 3000 miles

siver-SI
01-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Well called up Honda today about it. Even my dealership told me to call them after the could not repeat the problem yesterday when I brought it in to make a service apointment for Thursday to replace my back window do to one of the rear defrosters not working.

I got my case number and they asked for the dealership name that I am working with so I hope they contact them. I aslo let them know that the car was in for service all day on Thursday.

SexySIgiRL
01-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Hey, by saying your tranny is having problems...do you guys mean that it is getting hard to switch gears? because lately, it's been hard for me to switch gears, almost like i'm having to force it into gera - mainly into 2nd and 3rd, and I wasn't too sure why. Does this mean my transmission is having problemS? or is it my clutch? *sorry if this sounds like a stupid question* thanks!

03SiBlack
01-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by SexySIgiRL
Hey, by saying your tranny is having problems...do you guys mean that it is getting hard to switch gears? because lately, it's been hard for me to switch gears, almost like i'm having to force it into gera - mainly into 2nd and 3rd, and I wasn't too sure why. Does this mean my transmission is having problemS? or is it my clutch? *sorry if this sounds like a stupid question* thanks!
Its a common problem with a lot of people with si's i would bring it in if i were you to get checked out. I brought mine in and they had to replace a lot of stuff and it was covered under warranty

SexySIgiRL
01-13-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by 03SiBlack
Its a common problem with a lot of people with si's i would bring it in if i were you to get checked out. I brought mine in and they had to replace a lot of stuff and it was covered under warranty

thank you :)

siver-SI
01-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by 03SiBlack

I am thinking this because when I called honda about it they acted like they knew what it was right away. I did not have to go into any detail about the problem at all and they did not want any clarifing on the problem.

03SiBlack
01-13-2004, 04:56 PM
well ur lucky my honda dealer said it was my fauilt that the clutch shouldnt be like this after 600 miles and that i was abusing the clutch. Ha abusing the clutch before it got broken in that cracks me up. Anyways i was without my car for 2 weeks because the parts had to be ordered and they said when it was done that if it happens again it wont be covered.

peterZ
01-13-2004, 06:32 PM
excellent idea! also, it's a good idea to file a problem report with the NHTSA. it's amazing to see what some people complain about. also interesting to look at recalls and service bulletins. I was suprised not to see anything on the EP transmission problems.

NHTSA Site (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/tsbsearch.cfm)

PanchoEp3
01-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Im having the same problems with my tranny its hard to shift into any gear and especially fourth. If I take the car tot he dealer with my lowering springs will they say my warrenty is void?

younggotti266
01-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by PanchoEp3
Im having the same problems with my tranny its hard to shift into any gear and especially fourth. If I take the car tot he dealer with my lowering springs will they say my warrenty is void?

They might if their dicks..

But, they should have nothing to say about how lowering your
car has anything to do with your transmission

LordKoo
01-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Same here... I did switch to Purple Oil at 10k miles. Once it warmed up, it is smoother... still not smooth at best.

Mine is notchy from 1st to 2nd... and 3rd to 4th is tight.