PDA

View Full Version : eibach prokit and negitive camber

civic si hb
01-09-2004, 10:30 PM
i recently bought the prokit and i was under the impression from friends that also have the prokit that you do not need a camber kit with these springs. that the 1.0 f 1.1 r is not enough to throw your camber out of factory specs. i was told to let the springs settle for 3000 miles and have a 4 wheels alignment done and everything will be fine. can someone clear this up for me, i bought these springs so i wouldn't have to deal with a camber kit install, other wise i would of bought the sportlines and got the lower drop plus camber kit. thanks for the help, again.

p.s. this is also posted on honda-tech
by someone else who started the
thread if any one else wants to see.

02SilverSiHB
01-09-2004, 10:39 PM
I keep seeing people say they didn't need a camber kit for the rear to be with in specs when using the pro kits...but then I see others saying they did...not too many have these springs, wish I knew for sure.

EP3inRI
01-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by civic si hb
i recently bought the prokit and i was under the impression from friends that also have the prokit that you do not need a camber kit with these springs.

I know that most other Hondas do not require a camber kit for the Pro-kit. I had them on my del Sol and it was great, especially in New England where we live. Others have been saying that they didn't use a camber kit with the sport lines or the Tien S with the 1.4-1.5 drop and haven't gotten bad wear from their tires. I plan on getting the pro-kit also becuase they won't wear out your factory struts and you don't need a camber kit and the spring rate is stiffer, but won't hurt your a$$. If you've installed them already post some pics, I wanna check the drop.

bsdbytes
01-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I just put the Pro-kit on my car over the weekend and I love it. I didn't put a camber kit on it but I plan on getting it aligned in a week or so. I'll post the alignment results and post some pics when I get a chance.

pedzola
01-12-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm thinking about my options for suspension and would be interested to see the prokit drop and learn whether or not camber kit is required. This would be the cheapest option w/o camber kit.

I'm thinkin about mugen suspension but its a lot of $$. Gonna keep thinkin. :confused:

myeverlovinsir
01-12-2004, 07:51 PM
I have had the prokits on for over 8 months and never considered a camber kit. I think it's minimal if anything in the rear, the fronts don't show any camber from stock.

myeverlovinsir
01-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Rear camber...if anyhttp://www.ephatch.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=201566

02SilverSiHB
01-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
those rims look so good on your car :D I used to hate those rims a while back, but they look good

myeverlovinsir
01-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
those rims look so good on your car :D I used to hate those rims a while back, but they look good

Thanks, will be selling them soon. I am looking for a nice 15" setup, ultra light!:D

Low Rider
01-12-2004, 08:15 PM
I have pro kits on my EP and my rear wheels are at about 2 degrees negative camber. This is right at the edge of Honda's so-called specifications. I love the drive... it is totally awesome. I love this set up. The car pitches beautifully into corners. Highly recommended - no camber kit required!!!:D

pedzola
01-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir

What size rims/tires?

Do you have a pic of the side of the car so I can get an overall impression of the drop? :D Maybe another thread w/pics of your car? Thanks!

myeverlovinsir
01-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by pedzola
What size rims/tires?

Do you have a pic of the side of the car so I can get an overall impression of the drop? :D Maybe another thread w/pics of your car? Thanks!

Yeah, here ya go. They are 225/45/17's P7000 Pirelli. Fit quite nicely. Not much into the bling factor but they were the right price!

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=201552 :D

Edit: This is the exact same drop as the type-R and will end up proving that the stock Showa shocks will live on!

pedzola
01-12-2004, 09:04 PM
See I think your drop looks great, but I also have to note that....

225/45/17 is 3/4 of an inch larger in diameter than stock wheels.

So essentially you are closing the gap by about .4 of an inch more than just the drop on the springs.

On my 205/50/16's I think the gap will still be kinda too big. I dunno. Anybody out there have a prokit drop w/205/50/16s? =\

myeverlovinsir
01-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Yep about .4 in increase in overall diameter, but who gives a shit right? That setup is more for bling than anything. As I mentioned I want to go with the 15's on this with ultra light and wide for grip. I got alot more power comming!;)

Tnhatch03
01-13-2004, 12:08 AM
when i got mine lowered, i was told to get it aligned ASAP. what is tha neg. side effect of doing that?

EP3inRI
01-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Tnhatch03
when i got mine lowered, i was told to get it aligned ASAP. what is tha neg. side effect of doing that?
The only negative side effect of that is if you get it aligned before the springs have time to settle. Once they settle, it will drop a little and put you back out of alignment. I bought a USED set of pro-kits for my del Sol and I drove it hard for about a week before i got it aligned. I know that's overkill, but I was sure they weren't going to settle any more.